Knife survey

RELH

Long Time Member
Many of you know I sell my S30V knives around $250-$260 in price. I also make knives using 0-1 high carbon steel that I sell for $120-$150 in price. 0-1 is not a stainless steel and requires more care to prevent rust or tarnish of the blade. I heat treat it to a hardness of 60 RC and it will remain sharp while field dressing several game animals'
I would like to know if there is enough interest in the 0-1 knives for me to post more of them on this site. Also would you hunters prefer the knives to be polished to a satin 400 grit or would you prefer the knife to have a acid etch finish that is dark gray in color. This acid etch will help to resist tarnish of the blade from in field use.
I have included a photo of a 0-1 billet that has been acid etched to give you a idea of what the finish looks like.
RELH
000_1259.JPG

I Don't Think I Told You Bob!

But I Did Bloody One Of Your Knives This Last Fall

Deermadness, my supplier is out of pine cone handle scales. I have told him that I want some pine cone and magnolia bud scales for future knives.
If you run across some pine cone knife scales that you really like. Buy them and ship them to me and I will make up your knife and knock 30 bucks off the price for you supply the handle scales.
RELH

Deermadness, my supplier is out of pine cone handle scales. I have told him that I want some pine cone and magnolia bud scales for future knives.
If you run across some pine cone knife scales that you really like. Buy them and ship them to me and I will make up your knife and knock 30 bucks off the price for you supply the handle scales.
RELH
Sounds good but maybe I will find something else you've made. You do amazing work.

RELH
Is 5" x 1 1/2" x3/8" a good size for one ? I found one for 34.95 .

I too would love a pinecone handle knife. I think they are some of the coolest looking knives you post. Would love to see a finished knife with the acid etch. A knife in that lower price range is definitely intriguing.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom