Knife for Charity

RELH

Long Time Member
Well it is that time of year. For the past 4 years I have been making a knife to be auctioned off by our local fire department to raise funds for their scholarship program.

This year I made one that I refer to as the "pig sticker". the original was designed by me on the request of a knife collector/wild boar hunter from Honolulu, Hawaii. It is based on a old Buck design 410 Mentor that was discontinued many years ago. He was a bow hunter and wanted a knife big enough to go in the brush and finish off the hog if the arrow failed to do the job.

I have done numerous knives with a herringbone inlay running lenghwise, but this is first time I continued that inlay around the curved portion of the butt. Really added some labor time to finish the knife. Hope you enjoy the photos.

RELH

2121000_3961.jpg

16249000_3955.jpg

RELH, can we see a side view of that bad boy? Thanks

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

RELH:

You definitely have got skills! That's one sweet knife ...

Lv2hnt

"Every man dies --- not every man really lives."

Another nice oen RELH, you do great work..Good deed as well!

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Good job Hatfield! That is mighty purty! Even the McCoys might approve of that one.

BTW - did I ever tell you that one of my good friends is a a Prof. at Pikeville U? His office overlooks the cemetery where Ellison Mounts is buried. We had a heck of a talk a couple of weeks ago about all that history and that area. Neat stuff for sure.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

"He was a bow hunter and wanted a knife big enough to go in the brush and finish off the hog if the arrow failed to do the job."

It's a shame he'll never get to use that knife..... :)

Outstanding worksmanship!!!....... Terry

Don't be so sure Stickman my Dad killed hundreds of hogs during his lifetime and never shot one of them. Okay he cheated slightly and used catch dogs. I just shoot them.

2311idiot.jpg

AZstickman;

After I sent the knife to him, he sent me a email and told me that the knife was too pretty to use in the field. He continued to use his old buck knife for sticking pigs and put mine in his knife collection of over 100 knives.

That knife is keeping company with Randalls, Morans, and Loveless knives.

RELH

Overton...... I'm just saying if he is waiting for an arrow to fail to do the job before using it he'd be waiting a long time..... :)

RelH...... That doesn't surprise me, your work is as good as any I've seen...... Terry

I had two Hatfield knives. One is in my safe among my most cherished possessions and the other i gave to my life long best buddy and long time hunting partner. My gift of that knife to him was in trying to repay for efforts made that were far more valuable to me than money.

Check RELH's prices!! More than fair, less than i expected.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Where can we check these knives and prices out at? My dad loves knives and has a huge collection. I would be interested in some of them.

As beautiful as they are, you really can't appreciate them until you hold one in your hand and use it. Mine is a joy to use. Using one makes it a true treasure. The leather sheath is the real deal too, good quality heavy leather that will last as long as the knife.

Eel

Relh that's a fine looking knife. Hard to believe a crusty old guy like you can make something that beautiful!! :) Nice job!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom