Knee-high boots ? anyone have any experience with Scentlok?

M

MonteMontana

I currently own some lace-up packs but they are due to be replaced. I guide/hunt on foot and horseback every day from Oct 25 thru the end of Nov. here in Southwest MT. I need a knee high boot that performs well in swampy bottoms as well as snow covered hillsides.
I will probably just buy another pair of lace up packs but am curious about the Scentlok boots, especially the Boa. Can anyone tell me their experience with these boots?

Try a pair of Muck Boots

for slip on, up to the knee boots best i've found

warm, waterproof and have a great foot bed and ankle support

good luck

LH

Schnees 13" Pacs.

Kinda surprised a guy with your experience would fall for the Scentblocker marketing machine.....

You know I've been thinking that these may be just over-hyped junk. Let me explain my ignorance concerning the Scentblocker boots; I don't have TV, so when I saw an ad recently on my in-laws tv, I was intrigued by it. I don't know anything about these boots, but the I idea sounded good. I posted on here to get the advice of my peers. If ya'll say they're junk, then yor word is good for me.
Experience says to stick with what I know, but every once in a while, some great product comes along.
You are right, Schnees are great boots.

+1 on the Schnee's. When you wear out the soles, you just send them back and Schnee's will stitch a brand new set of rubber bottoms on the leather uppers. I know guides that have used one set of leather uppers with 3 or 4 replacement rubber lowers. I don't hike in mine as much, as I use them for late season waterfowl hunting but they are certainly waterproof in swampy conditions. Another trick is to buy two sets of liners. They can be easily swapped out for drying purposes. TJ

I have a pair of White's pac boots 14" uppers.
I like them ok if it's not TOO cold but the snow is still deep enough to need a pac boot.
For warmth and dryness in extreme weather, i break out my Meindals ;-)

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

MonteMontana-

No TV huh?? I envy you.You are livin' de life my friend!

Good hunting and be safe!

You know, oddly enough, my my wife is ok with no TV and that's how I get away with it. We have the means, but #1 I am too cheap to pay for it, and #2 there is not much good on it. So I figured the longer we can go without TV the better. My wife is a homemaker and she has so many projects what with gardening, crafts, painting, raising the boy, etc., that she doesn't want the TV to distract her.
I just want to spend my time with my family when I get home or get out in the hills. Funny, though, she can't stand it if I go hunting without her.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom