Kirk Douglas...Gone

Jagerdad

Very Active Member
Kirk Douglas, one of the leading stars of Hollywood’s golden age, has died.
He was 103.
I Remember him in the viking row boat running on the Ores ( Maybe Spartacus... Viking ore Knot). Then in Big Tree's (or whatever it was) + Endless Westerns.
He seemed like a great guy.

Did you enjoy him ??? Which Movie(s) ... ?

If you dislike him due to your thoughts that he was a Hollywood liberal... I don't Care is he was. There's never a need to judge anyone in that type of shadowed Mental light/view.

Jagerdad :)

Wow, I had no idea he was that old...I guess that makes me old since I remember seeing him in Spartacus! I guess the fact that his son, Michael Douglas, is fairly old should have tipped me off that Kirk was really old.

There Was a Crooked Man

I still hold bags well away from my face before opening them once I have set them down outside...

War Wagon with John Wayne he did the trick horseback riding himself against the warnings from the filming crew that he was too old. He was 50 when he did that movie.

No other Chin like his.............

Great actor, one of the best horse movies ever "Man from Snowy River". And the ship in "Spartacus" was either a bireme or a trireme don't remember if it had two or three decks of oars.

I’m also a big fan of the movie War Wagon he was in with John Wayne. They don’t make them like him anymore ! I’ve watched that movie a thousand times I bet since I was a little kid , never get tired of it !

And never forget Richard Farnsworth :

Or.... Stay with me Guy's.... See above then come back here to see My Other absolute Gentleman Favorite...

Ben Johnson:

I have no clue how or why God laid his Touch upon such Men but I am forever grateful. I have had my children watch shows (Movies) and they like the actors but totally LACK the Feelings I have. So... I say such to all of "YOU" (as an old guy) but there is no need to force anyone to understand what they can NOT understand. To much, has changed.

Jagerdad :)

I’m also a big fan of the movie War Wagon he was in with John Wayne. They don’t make them like him anymore ! I’ve watched that movie a thousand times I bet since I was a little kid , never get tired of it !
Hey Stillwater I just watched it AGAIN last week, love that movie I'm just an old Western Movie junkie LOL When I'm not hunting or fishing

I agree with ya DeerHunter ! I was fortunate enough to have a father that was an old western junkie , that’s all we watched growing up ! Well , the apple didn’t fall far from the tree !!!!

I too just watched the War Wagon a couple of weeks ago. Ol Taw Jackson and Lomax were quite the pair. I have watched it several times. My wife laughs at me because I constantly watch the INSP channel on DirecTV. I'm only 44 years old but she says you'd think I was an old man from the TV shows I watch. INSP has lots of good Western series including, The Virginian, Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Big Valley, High Chaparral as well as movies. Hard to find a good western made in recent years.

Don't let your wife give you to much grief, PC, she doesn't know what she is missing! The Western movies and TV shows of the '50's & '60's were great then as they are now. We just lost another one today in Robert Conrad, of the "Wild, Wild West" TV show. I can remember being a box boy at our local market and helping the likes of Robert Conrad, Yul Brynner (The Magnificent Seven), Steve McQueen (Nevada Smith, Magnificent Seven, Tom Horn, Wanted: Dead or Alive), James Garner (Maverick), Etc. I'll never get tired watching the old westerns.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom