Kindle e-reader

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I've been looking at them but I wouldn't know how to work the thing. Are they hard to learn? Mainly want to get it for my wife as she likes to read and her birthday is coming up. Do you plug it into the computer to download a book? They have different models and prices.

Any feed back or suggestions? I know they're probably made in China like Havalon knives.

I've been looking at them but I wouldn't know how to work the thing. Are they hard to learn? Mainly want to get it for my wife as she likes to read and her birthday is coming up. Do you plug it into the computer to download a book? They have different models and prices.

Any feed back or suggestions? I know they're probably made in China like Havalon knives.
A kindle will never be a heirloom like a custom book! Also you can use the custom book to do other stuff like hold a door open or make a shelf seem less empty! And did you know a book is made with high grades trees while a kindle is made with parts from China! Don’t believe me check out some generic reviews of books on the internet!

ok all serious stuff aside why go with a kindle when you can just download books on her smart phone?

Also you download books using something called WiFi. WiFi is like the havalon of the internet.

You seem like more of a dial up kinda guy like RELH.

eelgrass,
They are really simple and easy to use. You will need Wi-Fi to download books. The plus is there is a ton of free books on line. The paid ones are cheaper than a book store You also have access to a lot of other magazines and other media.
The screen is MUCH easier to read than a phone much like any other tablet or computer.

The minus is you won't have to read SS's comments.

But there again, there is nothing wrong with a good paper book either.

I read a lot! A book every 1-3 days on average. E-books are a lot more convenient.

I have one and read it everyday. With kindle unlimted which is with a Amazon prime account you can thousands of books for free. I also have a pretty good library of print books but use my kindle more. Plus you can watch movies or anything else that you use a computer for.

Or eelgrass if she already has a tablet she can download the kindle app....FOR FREE.

<pausing to not blow mind>

there ya go. Doesn’t get any more simple than that. And cheap too! Get husband of the year.

Thanks. She doesn't use any computer or smart phone, but I think I can work with her and I think she'll enjoy a Kindle. It will be a learning experience for both of us. The Kindle Paperwhite, I think. I do have Wi-Fi.

Thanks. She doesn't use any computer or smart phone, but I think I can work with her and I think she'll enjoy a Kindle. It will be a learning experience for both of us. The Kindle Paperwhite, I think. I do have Wi-Fi.
She doesn’t use a computer or phone?

well I’m glad you taught her to read cuz if not...well...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom