Kimber

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
I traded from a Rem 700 7mm Mag for a Kimber 84L Montana .270 it is satin stainless and Kevlar stock I have Leopold base and rings with Leopold 4.5 -14 VX-3 BC reticle.It is light and that waa the draw. Also rain is ok .

Anyone have this rifle and like it well?

The 7mm is heavy and I am 54 but training for a grueling hunt this year. Every single lb I save is necessary. And with a custom 130 gr bullet it will knock down elk or deer or Goats. .270 , 30-.06 and .308 are all very potent.

Makes sense. I have heard some Kimbers are hard to get to shoot well. But, of course, I heard it on the internet. Shoot it yet? mtmuley

>I traded from a Rem 700
>7mm Mag for a Kimber
>84L Montana .270 it is
>satin stainless and Kevlar stock
>I have Leopold base and
>rings with Leopold 4.5 -14
>VX-3 BC reticle.It is light
>and that waa the draw.
>Also rain is ok .
>
>
>Anyone have this rifle and like
>it well?

Whereisthepicture_zps86b7bb6c.jpg

I have a couple Montanas....I personally would'nt put a heavy scope like that on one. Light rifles are already a challenge to shoot and a big scope makes the rifle feel top heavy....Think of a mast on a sailboat. Also, dont be suprised if you cant shoot it as well as your 700 at first.....nine times out of ten when someone is'nt getting decent groups with a light rifle it is due to their shooting technique and not the rifle itself. Other than that I'm sure you will enjoy it. JMO

LAST EDITED ON Apr-08-13 AT 12:26PM (MST)[p]I like the scope enough to practice until its shooting right. The scope is onlg a little heavier than some other scopes Hardway. But It shot a decent group after 3 rds of 3 I started hitting the bullseye.

I found a used one and bought it for my oldest daughter.
It's the Kimber Montana in 270 WSM. The gun shoots like a champ for a light weight thing. It's ideal for a tough mountain hunt and shoots plenty well to kill a Dall sheep at 420 yards!
Zeke

I guess the new crowd taking 700 yard shots wouldn't like it . But that's not what I'm after. Easy to carry and shots up to 475 yards.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom