Killed my first whitetail this morning!!

Roy

LAST EDITED ON Oct-05-15 AT 10:33AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-05-15 AT 10:30?AM (MST)

Just a doe. Jumped right out of the bar ditch and didn't see her until she hit the car. No time to react. A lot of money in deductibles and repairs with no venison to show for it.

440car1.jpg

8742car2.jpg

5878car3.jpg

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

LAST EDITED ON Oct-05-15 AT 01:33PM (MST)[p]Ouch! Expensive first Whitetail.

What a coincidence. That's how you killed your first trophy tortoise too, even though it was no accident.

Eel

Guns are like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one you probably will never need one again.

What'cha mean No Venison to show?

You're from the Basin Ain't Ya?

Bet Ms Roy is Proud!

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

HEY ROY, FORGET ABOUT THE WHITETAIL !!! CAN YOU GET THE LONGHORNS POINTED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION ??? I HEAR THE DALLAS COWBOYS WANT TO DRAFT A FEW LONGHORNS IN THE NEXT DRAFT.................PLEASE HELP !!!!.................YD.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-06-15 AT 03:49PM (MST)[p]>What'cha mean No Venison to show?
>
>
>You're from the Basin Ain't Ya?
>
>
>Bet Ms Roy is Proud!
>

Yeah I could have claimed him if I would have wanted to take care of him but I was on my way to work, can't take any firearms on base, and the deer wasn't quite dead. Took him a while to die and I didn't even have a decent knife with me. Turned out to be a little buck.

1790cardeer1.jpg

As far as Mrs. Roy is concerned, yeah well she is just upset that I am going to have to come up with the $500 deductible and cost of a rental car while it is in the shop.

Story of my life!

YD - I wish I could come up with an easy solution for that one!! I hope we win enough of the rest to at least make a bowl game this year! Might not - but I will say this. So far, the Longhorns have had the hardest schedule in all of DI football - they have only played two teams that have any losses at all! If we can weather the storm though, the future is bright. There are plenty of good young players, it just looks like a certified dumpster fire right now though!

Oh and Eel - that turtle hit ME!! I was parked and that bull terrapin charged my car! Hit it so hard it cracked his shell and I was able to just get my knife in there and cut his femoral artery, only took him 3 days to bleed out too! Didn't know if I should put the turtle shell up on the wall on that one or the car!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

Roy, normally I wouldn't believe a story like that, but if that's the same car that doesn't go fast enough to get through a yellow light before turning red, I can see how a tortoise caught it.

Eel

Guns are like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one you probably will never need one again.

Roy you need to install a heavy push bumper on that car. When the next deer jumps out in front of you, you hit him dead center of the push bumper. It will push the deer under the car and in your review mirror you can watch the deer parts fly out from under your car. Those push bumpers saved a lot of damage to our patrol vehicles in the hill beat of the county.

RELH

I used to live in Round Rock and Wimberly. If that's your first, then you should be doing more to take out a few more of those little hazards. On the plus side, I found them to be much better tasting than just about any muley that I've ever killed.

>LAST EDITED ON Oct-05-15
>AT 10:33?AM (MST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON Oct-05-15
>AT 10:30?AM (MST)

>
>Just a doe. Jumped right out
>of the bar ditch and
>didn't see her until she
>hit the car. No time
>to react. A lot of
>money in deductibles and repairs
>with no venison to show
>for it.
>
>
440car1.jpg

>
>
8742car2.jpg

>
>
5878car3.jpg

>
>
>HOOK 'EM!
>_______________________________________
>
>Since I am frequently asked about
>my religion on this site
>and others, I have created
>a profile that explains my
>beliefs. If you are interested
>in finding out more about
>my faith, please visit the
>link below:
>
>http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

so?

It'was a Doe with Antlers?

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

>Hang up the dang phone and
>DRIVE, Roy! He was talking
>to his mommy on the
>phone when he hit it.
>

Freaking big mouth little sister. ;-)

That didn't have anything to do with it though. I was using my bluetooth - completely hands free at the time, eyes scanning the road and the road curves a little bit and the bar ditch slopes off right there pretty steeply and he came up out of the bottom running full speed and jumped from below the point where I could see right into my car. I didn't see him until I hit him - and he was in the air when I hit him too, right in the middle of the jump.

And yes - I was talking with my mommy. I call her almost every morning at that time, until Grizzy calls and she hangs up on me to talk to him, for the 3rd or 4th time that morning.

HOOK 'EM!

If I murdered a little deer like that my mommy would hang up on me too.

Eel

>>Hang up the dang phone and
>>DRIVE, Roy! He was talking
>>to his mommy on the
>>phone when he hit it.
>>
>
>Freaking big mouth little sister. ;-)
>
>
>That didn't have anything to do
>with it though. I was
>using my bluetooth - completely
>hands free at the time,
>eyes scanning the road and
>the road curves a little
>bit and the bar ditch
>slopes off right there pretty
>steeply and he came up
>out of the bottom running
>full speed and jumped from
>below the point where I
>could see right into my
>car. I didn't see him
>until I hit him -
>and he was in the
>air when I hit him
>too, right in the middle
>of the jump.
>
>And yes - I was talking
>with my mommy. I call
>her almost every morning at
>that time, until Grizzy calls
>and she hangs up on
>me to talk to him,
>for the 3rd or 4th
>time that morning.
>
>
>
>
>
>HOOK 'EM!
>_______________________________________
>
>Since I am frequently asked about
>my religion on this site
>and others, I have created
>a profile that explains my
>beliefs. If you are interested
>in finding out more about
>my faith, please visit the
>link below:
>
>http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

So?

It's Grizz's Fault?

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

> Ouch. So your a
>road hunter?
>Rutnbuck

Yep!! And a damn good one too. Everything I have ever hit with a car on the road I have killed! Including this car.

Final Verdict: Totaled. In addition to the front bumper, fender, driver's side door, etc, the battery was cracked, the battery housing needed replaced, radiator damage, alignment off, etc. etc. etc.

I no longer drive a Kia Rio. Insurance payout was fair - would make a great down payment, but can't afford another payment right now. So, let the bargain basement car shopping begin!

HOOK 'EM!

I know a Mistubishi Montero on the beach you could probably pick up cheap.

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom