Kids these days...

Wiszard

Long Time Member
We all know how this world is going to sh!t. I have 3 younger kids (18, 16 and 14). I had a conversation with a guy in Walmart the other day who was complaining about how the kids of this generation just don't wanna work and excel.
My wife and I go out to dinner tonight and on the way home, stop off at our oldest daughters (23 YO) house to see the grandkids. We hang out there for half an hour or so and come home. I open the garage door and find my 14 year old, 8th grade son and his 2 friends lifting weights, doing situps and listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd Simple Man. I didn't stop to think about it until I had been in the house for a few minutes. These are the kids I want leading us into the future. I thought it was funny that they were listening to Lynryd Skynyrd though. That was before my time even.
Moral of the story is that there are still kids out there that understand what life is about and how it should be lived to produce a good life.

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

LAST EDITED ON May-29-15 AT 09:56PM (MST)[p]

Hey Wisz?

Was the Garage full of funny Smelling Smoke?:D

(((RAZZIN Ya Bud!:D:D:D!)))

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

"Raised on Skynyrd!" Enough said!

They say classical music has a profound effect on the rearing of successful children. You're a credit to the species Wisz.

DC

I have 3 grandsons. The oldest graduated from Modesto JC and starts Stanislaus State this fall. The middle one finished his first year at San Jose State with a 4.0 gpa. The youngest one graduated 8th grade with honors this year.

There's still some good kids around. Good job Wisz!

I still break out my old vinyl Beatle LPs now and then. It's good for the soul.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

DC- That's what I don't get...I never listened to that music. I grew up listening to 80's hair band rock.

eel- your gkids got it going on!

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Wisz was probably a little Nervous there for a minute or two!:D

As He's pulling back in to his Yard He see's several vehicles in his Yard!

(((Wisz Thinking:))) GAWD What's going on & what are them Kids doing!:D

Wisz get's to Thinking of Things He did when He was Younger!

(((And He wasn't Thinking about what kind of Music He used to listen to!:D)))

His Blood Pressure almost Explodes!

He gained a few years in Age within a few Minutes!:D

He Slowly Opens the Garage Door to take a Peak!

Now He's once again a Proud Papa!:D

Wizs, Wizs, Wizs.............you're right.............you don't understand.

See.....it's like this: A good man's natural character is to raise up children that are "better than himself".

Hair Bands ------> Skynyrd BOOM!

Now that's an up grade. You've succeeded. Your kids are better than you!

Maybe it was the gentle whispering encouragement from their loving mother!

Does she get the credit then?

HELL NO.......you were smart enough to marry the woman and wise enough to keep her around for 25 years, that's on you man! :)

I can see you need a little male therapy, from time to time, as you approach the pending "is this all there is" years. Don't want you "slip"en ship", your job's not done yet! ;-)

"Now Muscle Shoals has got the Swampers
And they've been known to pick a song or two
Lord they get me off so much
They pick me up when I'm feeling blue
Now how about you?"

May be those youngsters in the garage got a message worth "tuning into"?

Ya cut yer hair Wisz, now open up those "real world" ears!

And............have are great weekend. (Oh yea, while no ones looking, sneak over and give your kids Mom a big two arm hug for raising those kids, we know you can't figure it out but obviously, she sure as hell has.)

DC

JUDAS PRIEST Lumpy!

I was gonna let Wisz's Head Swell for a few more Days before We told Him Ms Wisz gets all the Credit!:D

Wisz, the problem is that kids like yours (and mine) seem to be the ever increasing exception to the rule. You have a right to be proud. mtmuley

I hope you went out there, and told every one of them the amount of pride you have for who they are. Kids need to hear that. Not the ones who haven't earned it, but it sounds like these young men have, and they need to know, who they are and how they act, is noticed and appreciated!

bucklover, I know your heart is in the right spot, but one thing you never want to do with a 14 year old son is tell him he's doing the right thing and you're proud of him. He'll do a 180 in a heart beat.:)

gasman, my thoughts at first also but when Wisz mentioned lifting weights and doing sit ups, it pretty much ruled out the duck call.:D

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Duck Call!

LMMFAO!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom