Kickin habits

DW

Long Time Member
Last Friday marked 4 years since I quit chewin. Prior to that I chewed a can a day for 23yrs. I told myself when it hit $5/can I'd quit, it was a couple yrs after it hit $5 that I actually followed thru. Easter sunday apr 24 2011 was the day I quit. I wasn't much fun to be around for a couple a weeks after that but got past it. I'll still bum a chew when I see someone pop a can,6 or 8 times a year maybe, but I don't crave it after. I know that several on here have kicked a habit or two and some of you are tryin right now. There's no secret to it, least not for me. I just quit slappin $6 on the counter and walkin out with a can. Use whatever works for ya to get clear of whatever yer tryin to get clear of. I've saved $7,300 the past 4 yrs buy quittin, that was my incentive. Good luck too ya!

Good for you DW I've been trying to stop for years and although I've cut way back haven't been able to stop completely.

Good for ya DW. I used to have little torrance for folks with habits they can't bust, I walked away from liqueur, tobacco, etc, etc. without any difficulty, then I put on 75 pounds, and I now understand. For some things, for some people, it's a mess.

DC

It's been 13 years since I quite Copenhagen. 25 years of chewing that crap. It took a couple of years for the cravings to disappear, especially when I'd had a beer or two.

BTW, if you're bumming you haven't quit.

I started smoking cigs when I was 13 y.o. and kept doing so right up till I went in the Army at 22 y.o.
When I finish basic training in Army and got sent to school and then to Ft. Campbell, KY I started smoking again.
Was sent to VN in May 65 and was getting them by the carton for $2.40 and this was the same price for a case of Budweiser beer too.
But in Feb '66 I went to the Navy Dispensory to see the Dr. for a snore throat and congestion. He checked me out and then said, "how many cigs you smoke a day?" I replied maybe half pack a day. He said something like "if you want to get over this problem, throw that pack away you have in your shirt pocket"! So crumbled it up and tossed it in the "round file" and to this date, I only tried once and hated the taste and have never had the desire to start or even want to try.

What the hell is the cost of a carton of cigs now, like name brands?

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Cigs are about $6 a pack now, Brian. I smoked cigarettes and chewed leaf since high school. Did it up to about 4 years ago. Quit cold turkey. Haven't had a chew in my mouth since. Have bummed a smoke or two once or twice a year. Tastes horrible and will normally just toss it and apologize to who I bummed it from. :)
I got tired of worrying about my kids coming and watching me die in a hospital...so I quit. Have only gained 5 pounds.

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Smoked for over 20 years; been quit now for over 25. Chewed Skoal as well..sometimes at the same time!! Quit that crap too.

Nasty stuff. Once you quit, makes you wonder why you ever wanted that nasty crap to begin with. Both make you stink, too!!

Haven't made all that many great decisions in life...but quitting tobacco was one of the better ones..

Good job DW!
I still love and chew Copenhagen. Ended up quitting cigs almost 2 months ago when I keeled over with DVT and a Pulmonary Embolism at the ripe old age of 41...good times! Watching my wife and kids crying was incentive enough for me!

Quit the can after 31 years of chewing.Been clean 19 years, Still get a urge now and then BUT I'm to scared to try even one dip, Don't if I could quit again.Started chewing when I was 8.
Quit smoking at the same time and never had a urge to smoke after I quit.
I do know It has saved me a lot of money over the years, use to buy a can of chew and a pop for a quarter, back in the early 70's.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Have tried to quit a couple times In the passed, been chewin for 34 years. Might be time to try again. Funny thing,I have a stick pin in my cowboy hat right now,in support.of curing lung cancer.for my mother in law. My wife "little buck" has her at chemo right now

I ain't changing no more of my habits! I had a lot more fun before i gave up drinking. Spending every nickle, busting up with the buds, skirt chasen, fist fighting, and waking up with a headache next to who in the hell knows...those were the days! ;-)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom