Kenetrek customer service?

HorseCreek

Very Active Member
Anyone ever had any issues with them? I'm having a pair of boots repaired. I was told two different times they would be shipped back to me and that they were at the cobbler being repaired. Neither time were they at the cobbler and I still don't have my boots back. The last they told me was they would have my boots back to me yesterday at the latest. I called them tonight and they told me they shipped them today.

Traditional >>>------->

I have two pairs I need to ship in to get repaired or replaced, or whatever they do. This is good info to know! I'll try to stay on top of them. They told me turn around time is 7-10 days. So we'll see!

I sent back a defective pair this last spring. Once they received them, they tested them and I had a the brand new, 2011 pair, on my door step in eight days. Not sure what the hold up is, but they stand by their customers.

I dont think this is the norm for kenetrek. I don't even mind my boots gone for a month. Its the fact that I was told they would be done and shipped back two different times and they still haven't showed up. The last phone call today told me they would be here end of the week. We'll see?
I don't know what they charge for repairs. They told me to ship em back and they'd take care of them.

Traditional >>>------->

I don't know if its the norm but last year when I sent mine in they told me 7-10 days turnaround once they received them it took 6 weeks. On the bright side they did a great job of reconditioning them.

>Kenetrek will end up selling out
>to the Chinese like Danner
>did, watch and see.

Negative.... Danner has a cheaper line of boots that they have manf in China to compete with all the other china crap (rocky, wolverine, etc. They are all crap. Thats what most guys buy because they are cheap or just afraid of investing in a quality american made boot. Danner has a whole line of boots (over 50) that are still made in Portland,Or and are top notch. They also have a custom/recrafting dept that can do amazing things with worn out boots. It aint uncommon to get 5-10 years out of everyday work boots. Danners, Wescos, Whites, Nicks are all $300+ boots and worth every penny... True stichdown rebuildable boots that can last for years.

The lowa type boots have glued on soles and will never compare in the durability category.

I have a pair of danner boots that have gone through a full season of wildland fire,numerous years in construction and hunting. They only need a new sole. Best boot I've ever had.

Traditional >>>------->

You guys can have your Danners, i won't waste another dime on a pair. A boot should NOT have stitching issues, especially the first year of use.
I have never had an issue with my Whites pack boots and i have had them for 15 years. Not only have they got hunting abuse but also common house hold winter chores like shoveling snow!
Same for my Meindels......Love 'em!!

Hey Slammy... do your Danners have the "made in the usa" tag on them? If they did they would be every bit as good as your whites.

I sent my Kenetreks in this summer to have resoled. They told me 10 days to 2 weeks. 3 weeks later, I still didn't have them. I was getting short on time for an elk hunt. After numerous phone calls (they were great about communication), they finally overnighted them to me. I picked them up the day of my hunt, and put them on at the trailhead. They were honest about being behind and overwhelmed, but it almost cost me to put on my POS Danners for the hunt. It was my fault for not sending them in the spring, but they said their turnaround would leave me with plenty of time. I still love my Kenetreks, but I will allow PLENTY of time next time.

Alls I know is every person I know with a pair of kenetrek boots with in a year have had to send them in for whatever reason... Don't sound like such a good track record!!!

>Hey Slammy... do your Danners have
>the "made in the usa"
>tag on them? If they
>did they would be every
>bit as good as your
>whites.

I had them 8 years ago.
Not sure when they went over seas, but i'm sure at that time they were still American made??

I got a pair for sale with around 10 miles on them for sale if anyones interested. Bought new in august. I love them, size is just a little to big for me. Size 12. I have the dangers also and have always been my favorite boot till I got the kenetrrks. Hope I never need repairs on them...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom