Kaycee deer hunting info

I

Idahorn

Goin on a deer hunt out there this fall and won't be able to scout. Any information about good places to focus on and deer numbers. thanks

Yes, go with an outfitter. Lots of land around Kaycee (deer hunting that is) is locked up w/ outfitters. I'd give Wayne Graves a call at 307-738-2319, he's about the hardest working outfitter in the area for the price. I've taken a nice antelope with him and a Boone and Crockett cougar...good luck!

Yes me and my buddy have a region y tag. I was hoping to get around all the private with my gps with a blm and private land chip. Are the success rates good. And what do u mean the outfitters have it all locked up

If I was going in that general area of Y, it would be up around the Barnum area and to the south of there where there's quite a bit of BLM land. You'll be fine with a good map and a GPS with the landownership chip. By locked up the other member was referring to the private ranches in the area and not that the BLM is locked up. Good luck!

A few years ago ,I hunted the Gordon Ranch near Kaycee.Reasonable tresspass fee and saw 20-30 bucks a day.
I don't have the phone number anymore ,but I am sure you can find it if interested.

What deer are u seeing on this ranch mule deer or whitetail.and whats the terrain like. Thanks for all the info guys it helps alot. And how big are these deer your seeing

You will see both Whitetail and Mule Deer.I saw a 20 inch wide whitetail 10 point taken by a young hunter from Wisconsin while I was there.Everyone took a buck ,some were small though.
I took a 26 inch wide 18 inch tall 3X4 mule deer on my third day of the hunt,best mule deer I have ever taken.I hunted the last week of the season and we saw some snow ,maybe a foot or so,but it really turn the deer on.I attribute this to the weather change and the rut kicking in.Easily saw 20-30 bucks per day.We stayed there 4 more days and trout fished.Great fishing !

So I tried calling that ranch and got no answer. Is there any other ranches with decent tresspassing fees. And what was the hunting pressure like

You are going to be kind of late in the game to get access on any decent ranch if you call now. I've got a couple I could suggest but because they are nice places they are all booked up for this year.

Best time to call ranchers is back in Jan/Fed - not after the tags are already out.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-13-12 AT 09:43AM (MST)[p]sasquatch
Jul-13-12, 09:34 AM (MST)
14. "RE: Kaycee deer hunting info"
Just curious as to what a reasonable tresspass fee would be for a DIY WY deer hunt?

Answer: It really varies from hundreds on up depending on where it is, the quality and number of animals, and the size of the ranch. Another factor that raises the price is if an outfitter has leased the land and then is allowing access for a trespass fee, rather than a guided hunt. That will usually raise the price when you have a middleman involved compared to dealing with a ranch owner.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom