Kayak crabbing

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I was going to go, but it's a teensy bit rough crossing the bar yesterday. This a 47' Coast Guard boat doing some exercises. Those boats are unsinkable like the Titanic, so I'm sure they are okay.

36395humboldtbar.jpg

eel my friend from Crescent city said they closed crab season where he is at, how about your area?

Eel - we keep telling you you're gonna need a bigger boat! Or become a better surfer. That's some serious swell dude!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

LAST EDITED ON Nov-30-16 AT 03:33PM (MST)[p]Guys like Eel who get on the water have way bigger "eggs" than me!

I've never seen a grizzly bear that scares me like big, rolling, deep, sharky, salt water!

Zeke

Wel you could use Nemath to quantify your catch. An example of Nemath is 5.7 trillion doubled equals 10.9 trillion. It's not about accuracy it's about participation everyone gets a trophy

2311idiot.jpg

>
>Wel you could use Nemath to
> quantify your catch.
>An example of Nemath is
>5.7 trillion doubled equals 10.9
>trillion. It's not about
>accuracy it's about participation everyone
>gets a trophy
>
>
>
>
2311idiot.jpg

LMAOF !

Eel
The boys said the demonic acid is back and they closed the season for crabs. Is it just for commercial or for the sportsmen as well

I live in Crescent City and know quite a few commercial crabbers and as far as I know they are on their way out today to start pulling gear.

Bill

People who work for a living are quickly being
overwhelmed by people who vote for a living.

>Eel
>The boys said the demonic acid
>is back and they closed
>the season for crabs. Is
>it just for commercial or
>for the sportsmen as well
>

Interesting question. Up here in northern California the sport crabbing is wide open with the warning that crabs should be cleaned before cooking. (I always do that anyway)

Commercial crabs are always cooked and sold whole, and the processors do not wish to be compliant with that warning, so it will remain closed until the crabs test clean.

Having said that, the Fish & Wildlife have determined that crabs north of Humboldt Bay to the Oregon border are clean, so the commercial guys can crab there starting today. Unless that changed over night, which is possible.

The crab closures vary up and down the State and you have to monitor your location almost daily.

Sport crabbing here has been open since Nov. 4th and I have not heard of anyone getting sick from eating them. I think there is some politics involved.

Domoic Acid is what they are testing for. The El Ni?o weather pattern has warmed the ocean which indirectly effects the levels found in shellfish. It causes Amnesic Shellfish Poisoning if eaten at high levels. A lot of the local crabbers are saying these levels have occurred in other El Ni?o years but they still crabbed both commercially and sport and ate them without ill effects and that this whole thing is a market and politics issue.

That being said the commercial boats are out in force here today pulling gear.

Bill

People who work for a living are quickly being
overwhelmed by people who vote for a living.

>I hate crabs...I had them once
>in college

Once?

I'm Callin You on that!:D

[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U. in My Future,Ya She's got a
way with Words[/font]

Elk I'm sure it was only once for him but they was there for the whole 4 years.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Some mornings call For your big-boy pants eel. I believe I'da stayed on the porch that mornin too! Good call!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom