Kangaroo's in Utah???

D

DROPEMDEAD

04/12/2012 In Benjamin Utah (Spanish Fork for those who don't know where Benjamin is.I was out playing with my dogs and four cops came flying down the street lights on.....Of course first thing i did was went right in my house and locked the door ha ha but as i watched out the window they passed by so i walked out to see what was going on and as i looked down the street there was a hole pile of cars and cop cars. I walked down to see what all the commotion was about, And next thing i knew i was in for a surprise. Ya that's right there was a freaking Kangaroo running around town!! You definitely don't see something like that everyday unless you work at a zoo or live in Australia. First thing i did was grab the range finder and no i not what all of you are thinking my bow but no i wish. I grab my Cannon Rebel XT camera and the hunt was on. I got within thirty yards and snap some photos, but that wasn't good enough i wanted closer. So i got on all fours and belly crawled up to the fence that separated me and the kangaroo and i poked up to snap a pick and the thing snorted and flipped around and hoped away down the Oat field.
2352img_9008.jpg

4993img_9012.jpg

1086img_9014.jpg

7727img_9015.jpg

O ya by the way this all happened at like 5PM and now it is like 8PM and the cops are all still down the street with a horse trailer trying to catch the thing ha ha good luck.

There will be a LE Kangaroo Hunt in TARDville in 2013!

font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

It's been a long hard ride
Got a ways to go
But this is still the place
That we all call home

Lucky all the tags were already sold at the Expo or they would have probably auctioned off a tag for that roo to a high roller!

ya there is a exotic pet zoo or something down here somewhere and it escaped there were actually two of them but i only got pics of the one.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-12 AT 00:16AM (MST)[p] KANGARUUTARDS

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Its not ever day you see that in your neighborhood.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Has ha, that's awesome. It must of made for an eventful afternoon. Great pic?s by the way and your stalking techniques seem to be right on. Thanks for posting and thanks for the laugh this morning.

GBA

That's pretty funny. Any word on whether they caught it alive or did they have to DISPATCH the animal as they put it?

I have a LE kangaroo tag but it's for east of I15. I've been concentrating in the East Payson area. Any tips would be helpful. I'm not looking for your honey-holes, just a good place to start.

I've been out hunting really hard but have not seen one since the opening day of April 1st!

They're actually not as rare as some of you guys might think. I'm just having a hard time finding one this year.

It looks like a fine trophy.
I hope to get one just like it.

Zeke

>I have a LE kangaroo tag
>but it's for east of
>I15. I've been concentrating in
>the East Payson area. Any
>tips would be helpful. I'm
>not looking for your honey-holes,
>just a good place to
>start.
>
>I've been out hunting really hard
>but have not seen one
>since the opening day of
>April 1st!
>
>They're actually not as rare as
>some of you guys might
>think. I'm just having a
>hard time finding one this
>year.
>
>It looks like a fine trophy.
>
>I hope to get one just
>like it.
>
>Zeke

Ha HA good one!
But really, I have heard they can be good eating. Anyone tried it?

There is a house in northeast payson that has had a kangaroo in the backyard for years, that has to be the one on the loose. I walked in their back yard one day to do some work and heard something behind me I turned around expecting to see and dog and was face to face with a kangaroo, I about crapped.

As far as i know the Kangaroo is still on the loose, they were trying to capture it and put it into a horse trailer, but last i heard they failed.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but it brought up a funny memory.

About 30 years ago, I had a 90 lb. Chessie that was the toughest dog in the area. It would jump out of his kennel and start a fight with any male dog in sight. NOTHING intimidated this ornery bastige.

We were quail hunting in a rural farm area and all of a sudden, my "badazz" Chessie, flys past me with his tail between his legs, at about a hundred miles and hour, jumps in the window of my truck and tries to crawl under the seat.

WTF?....seems that a local farmer had some Emus' that escaped and were living happily out in the boonies.

I had never seen one outside a zoo, so I wasn't all that comfy either....but it ran from us once his dog issue was handled.

Emus' don't like dogs and apparently, Chessies' don't like Emus'.

Took an hour to coax the dog out of the truck and he was still shakin' bad even then.

"I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and
sh!t a better argument than that!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom