Kanaskat-Palmer Fishing Help

B

BirdMan

We've been invited to camp on the Green River for the weekend at Kanaskat-Palmer Park in WA, 11 miles north of Enumclaw. Should I take a pole and fish? Any trout there? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
BM

I have never fished the Green river, and I don't know a thing about it. I do know that there is a healthy salmon run going on right now.(not sure if on the green) In my opinion, throw the rod in, most rivers and streams hold trout in this state. Who knows, you might get a coho or king to hit!

This time of the year up that high you won't get any salmon. There are some trout in the park but it gets hit pretty hard. You will mostly just catch 6-10" fish. However, there are some summer run steelhead in there right now. Fish it really early as it is low and clear. Use small hooks, leader and corkies. Sand shrimp and jigs also work well. The park itself gets hit pretty hard as it easy access. I usually fish from the other side and fish downriver or go above the park and fish the head works. You will most likely see the fish in some of the holes and they will be pretty stingy about biting. Just keep at them and putting your bait right in front of there nose. Sometimes it will take 20-30 casts before they hit. Also, try to stay in the shadows, don't walk in the water or let them see you. Being this low they are real spooky.
Good Luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom