Just pulled the trigger on the Viper HD spotter

T

Touchdown88

Well I've been trying to get my hands on one of these spotters since I heard about them early this spring. I just got home from a deployment and had a little bit of cash to put toward one of these scopes in the 80mm angled version but couldn't find one in northern Utah. I called everywhere on Saturday and even went to a couple of places to see for myself if they had any, but everywhere had them on backorder. Today I decided to call again and Smith and Edwards got two of the angled ones in last night. I told the kid on the phone to put one away because I was on the way over.

After I bought the spotter, I stopped by my father-in-law's house and grabbed his Swaro 20-60x80mm HD to compare the two scopes. I set both scopes up my driveway and looked through them at a couple of horses 800yds away. Side-by-side I thought that the Swaro might have a slight edge, but not a $2300 difference. Through the haze, fog, and pollution the Viper held it's own against the Swaro HD in a semi-low light setting this afternoon. I'll have to take them both out at dusk to give them low light comparison, but I think the Viper will still do well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom