JUST GOT MY KNIFE BACK

R

rpleish

LAST EDITED ON Feb-09-12 AT 04:50PM (MST)[p]I HAD A KNIFE MADE FROM ONE OF THE LEG BONES OF THE ELK I KILLED THIS YEAR. I THOUGHT IT TURNED OUT AWESOME. IT WAS DONE BY GARY ETHERINGTON OF LOGAN. HE DID A GREAT JOB, JUST WANTED TO SHOW IT OFF A LITTLE.

8131elk_knife.jpg

AND HERE IS THE BULL THE KNIFE CAME FROM.
3976elk_30.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Feb-09-12 AT 04:58PM (MST)[p]YES IT IS AN IVORY. I HAD HIM PUT ONE ONE EACH SIDE.

Fine looking knife. I like how you add the ivories into the bone handle. Very nicely done.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Great idea! Nice looking too. Ya gonna use it too in the field?

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

That is a great looking knife. Is it going to be used on your next elk or is it just for show & tell? Is the blade hand forged or a premanufactured one?

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

Congrats on the excellent elk and the cool knife!
You have the right to be proud of both.

Zeke

The "Red" on the blade is nothing but a reflection of the person taking the picture on the mirrow finshed blade.

RELH

HEY THANKS GUYS! I AM STILL UP IN THE AIR ABOUT IF I AM GOING TO USE IT OR NOT. I WAS THINKING ABOUT GETTING IT FRAMED WITH A PIC OF MY BULL, AND HANG IT BY THE MOUNT. AND YES THE KNIFE WAS MADE FROM SCRATCH (BLANK STEEL) AND HE SHAPED THE REST OUT OF NICKEL. HE DOES IMPRESSIVE WORK. IF ANYONE WANTS ONE SEND ME A PM AND I WILL GET YOU HIS INFO. THE STORY OF MY BULL IS IN THE ELK SECTION.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom