Just finished my new 25-06

muzz

Long Time Member
I think im really gonna like this new toy. Turned out awesome for a beat up rusted ole 30-06. New barrel, painted stock, cleaned up action and polished bolt.

3706photo_1.jpg

1624photo_2.jpg

6700photo_3.jpg

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

VERY, VERY NICE!!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Nice muzz!

But what about all the other Custom Builds you were talkin about?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

That looks sweet. How does she shoot?

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Bowtech Destroyer
Winchester Apex .50 Cal

The 280AI is almost done. Haven't shot the 25 yet.

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-14 AT 08:58AM (MST)[p]Nice! I like the contrast of the barrel and bolt handle to the action. I'll bet it's a shooter.

NRA Life Member

Lefties are the only ones in their right minds--and I ain't talkin' politics!

I hope it shoots. Got to get loads worked up soon

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

Are you using the Remington trigger or did you replace it with an after-market? I have a Rem 700 XCR 25-06 and just found out that the serial # / trigger is one of the recalled ones. They are talking a 3 month turn around time and no compensation for the cost of remounting the scope and what it will cost in ammo to dial it back in to where it is currently shooting. I am extremely disappointed with this news and the fact that there is no compensation should I decide to put on an after-market trigger to avoid the time and the hassle.

Gee! you really expected Remington to compensate you when they hid the fact of a faulty trigger for a long time until they could not hide it anymore. The guy, Walker I think, that designed the trigger, even advised them to modify it after he discovered it faults and they ignored his advice due to not wanting to spend the money to recall and replace on a voluntary basis.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-14 AT 07:14AM (MST)[p]>Gee! you really expected Remington to
>compensate you when they hid
>the fact of a faulty
>trigger for a long time
>until they could not hide
>it anymore. The guy, Walker
>I think, that designed the
>trigger, even advised them to
>modify it after he discovered
>it faults and they ignored
>his advice due to not
>wanting to spend the money
>to recall and replace on
>a voluntary basis.

>RELH

This recall has nothing to do with the Walker trigger on all the old guns. This is the newer XMark trigger that replaced the Walker trigger in the 700 in about 2007, as I recall. The way the company has handled the recall, as mentioned above, sucks the big weenie! I wouldn't have a Remington firearm if someone offered me a truckload for free, regardless of how great a lot of users claim the action is!!!

No I didn't change triggers. I don't know the serial numbers to check and see if I need to. I'll buy a timney before I send it back.

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

>LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-14
>AT 07:14?AM (MST)

>
>>Gee! you really expected Remington to
>>compensate you when they hid
>>the fact of a faulty
>>trigger for a long time
>>until they could not hide
>>it anymore. The guy, Walker
>>I think, that designed the
>>trigger, even advised them to
>>modify it after he discovered
>>it faults and they ignored
>>his advice due to not
>>wanting to spend the money
>>to recall and replace on
>>a voluntary basis.
>
>
>>RELH
>
>
>This recall has nothing to do
>with the Walker trigger on
>all the old guns.
>This is the newer XMark
>trigger that replaced the Walker
>trigger in the 700 in
>about 2007, as I recall.
> The way the company
>has handled the recall, as
>mentioned above, sucks the big
>weenie! I wouldn't have
>a Remington firearm if someone
>offered me a truckload for
>free, regardless of how great
>a lot of users claim
>the action is!!!

And the GURU has spoken, so we all better get rid of our P.O.S. 700'S! Oh wait as i re-call that is one of BUZZ'S
favortie guns!! TOO FUNNY....

They waited years to finally come clean about the walker triggers, he told them back in the 50's the triggers have issues. I would also like to point out, that the newer triggers use the same general design, so you do the math.

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

>>>Gee! you really expected Remington to
>>>compensate you when they hid
>>>the fact of a faulty
>>>trigger for a long time
>>>until they could not hide
>>>it anymore. The guy, Walker
>>>I think, that designed the
>>>trigger, even advised them to
>>>modify it after he discovered
>>>it faults and they ignored
>>>his advice due to not
>>>wanting to spend the money
>>>to recall and replace on
>>>a voluntary basis.
>>
>>
>>>RELH
>>
>>
>>This recall has nothing to do
>>with the Walker trigger on
>>all the old guns.
>>This is the newer XMark
>>trigger that replaced the Walker
>>trigger in the 700 in
>>about 2007, as I recall.
>> The way the company
>>has handled the recall, as
>>mentioned above, sucks the big
>>weenie! I wouldn't have
>>a Remington firearm if someone
>>offered me a truckload for
>>free, regardless of how great
>>a lot of users claim
>>the action is!!!
>
>And the GURU has spoken, so
>we all better get rid
>of our P.O.S. 700'S!
>Oh wait as i re-call
>that is one of BUZZ'S
>
>favortie guns!! TOO FUNNY....

Nope, no guru, but if you have any and one goes off some day when it shouldn't because of their trigger mechanism you might change your tune!!! Anyway, I'm just stating my opinion on Remingtons just like people state theirs about what brand of vehicle they prefer, so sue me if you disagree, LOL!. Also, WTH does it matter what BuzzH shoots and that he likes them?! No need for a response, as I clearly understood your stupid remark!

>I love my Remington triggers. mtmuley
>

Glad you're a happy camper Dale! I'll take my pre 64 Model 70 along with my Sakos and Ruger any day. How did you and the kids do on tags this year?

Haven't drawn squat yet. Still have antelope and B tags to go. As for triggers, all mine have been worked by a smith with extensive knowledge of how to modify them. Some Walkers and Xmarks. I have other makes of rifles too, but my Remingtons are the shooters. Pretty stupid to discount a rifle that has an easily fixed issue. Had a pre 64 once, Hated it. It's all personal preference I suppose. Any good tags for you? mtmuley

Nice Chad. I like it If you stop by I will give you some loads to try. I am not on here much but Rutnbuck
give me a call

>Haven't drawn squat yet. Still have
>antelope and B tags to
>go. As for triggers, all
>mine have been worked by
>a smith with extensive knowledge
>of how to modify them.
>Some Walkers and Xmarks. I
>have other makes of rifles
>too, but my Remingtons are
>the shooters. Pretty stupid to
>discount a rifle that has
>an easily fixed issue. Had
>a pre 64 once, Hated
>it. It's all personal preference
>I suppose. Any good tags
>for you? mtmuley

Yep, like I said before, it's just like the vehicle brand debate that everybody loves their (you name it). I'm just buying a leftover deer tag and a couple doe antelope tags for Wyoming and will help several friends on their hunts, which will be mainly for elk. We only have one bull tag to fill this year, but several cow tags, and my buddy in Sheridan drew a good antelope tag again, so we'll be busy. Oh, I'm also going to help a guy from MT on the archery elk tag he drew in WY unit 45. He's on another website and was hesitant about going solo when his buddies backed out after he drew the tag. He's 26 and just transferred up to your state from Casper and works in the oil/gas industry.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom