Just BS

mntman

Long Time Member
I know this has been talked about but just need to vent.

So the guy that hunts with me asked two years ago if he could bring his cousin with us (I am very protective of where I hunt). Yes, no problem as long as he doesn't bring anyone else with him in the future.
He came up and hunted with us that year, he didn't get anything but I printed off one of my maps that I have all marked up of where to go (personal honey-holes). I tried helping him out as much as I could.

Fast forward to this year. He wants to come up again but bring a friend of his. BS! Sure enough he shows up with his buddy. He is asking me where to go and names of peaks/meadows/draws. I said, not sure what the names are, I'm not a local, I just hunt here. Then he says that he still has my map and made a copy for his friend. I wanted to jump in their vehicle and rip it apart searching for it and burn the dam thing. He asked me where I have been seeing animals this year, my reply was no where. I said the best thing to do is to leave and look for a better spot with animals, there are already so many hunters in this area.

live and learn... Any of you make this same mistake?

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer? See Zeke for prime example....

"Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer? See Zeke for prime example.... "

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Happens all the time but that don't make it right!

I have a good friend that i took hunting on our family ranch. He took his first half a dozen bucks while hunting with me and though he has far exceeded what i have in my trophy room, he credits those long ago hunts for blacktails with me as his education in the game.

So one year i'm off living in Mexico City on a job and he finds another way into some of my honey holes not on our ranch but neighbors property that had no roads or cattle, basically unattended rugged potential ranch lands that the owners who were friends of the family didn't care if i hunted as long as i walked in there to do so. I found out my buddy was hunting "my Spots" and i blew a gasket, wasn't pretty when i confronted him with what i considered a break in trust.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I feel for ya Mntman... Made the same mistake years ago. Took a so called friend that was alone to a spot for the opening of deer season. Next year the guy shows up, puts up his own camp next to us and had 6 other guys with him. So from then on... we protect our honey holes taking only family and people we grew up with saving the spots for our next generations. We don't show off game and we protect our hunting country :) People like that just don't have any class or integrity. Next time people ask about where you hunt and they will...Give'm a spot 100 miles away so they can't go driving around looking for where you park your trucks and backpack in :)

))))------>

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom