Just bear with me

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
I'm sure someone has gone through this. I have a daughter that has a 6 year old girl who I also love dearly. They live out of state. My daughter isn't raising her right now as she has no job and some problems. The ex boyfriends mother is nice and is raising her. That lady is weird though and she never has my granddaughter call me.
I could fight for custody but between all them and my daughter I would lose.
I guess I just have to start writing letters and be thankful for the times I do get to see that little princess, right?

I'll guarantee your situations not unique dm. Visit her as often as u can so she knows she always has a place in yer heart and home.....all u can do imo.

In most states the courts will grant Grandparents rights towards seeing the child, even visitation rights where she can vacation with you and the wife.

RELH

Thanks DW and RELH. I'm going to call the lady who is taking care of her and ask for phone visits. I will get to see her as I'm heading over after the deer hunt. I can't wait.

420820130422_183242.jpg

Me being silly with her. She leads a sad life knowing her Mom and Dad fight so much and her Mom is always in troubles. Maybe next year I can beg a summer visitation.

It would be best if you can work out seeing your granddaughter with her family members, but if that fails and they try to cut you out of the girl's life. That will be the time to use the courts for your rights as a grandparent.

RELH

Letters, cards, and short notes go a long ways. Good luck and let your heart lead the way with her. Good luck DM! Have a great hunt too and please do share your adventure!

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

Your a helluva grand parent. It's great to see you so concerned about the time you spend with a grandchild. She's fortunate for sure. Lucky kid she is to have a figure in her life such as you. Kudos to you!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom