Just be Glad...

sageadvice

Long Time Member
...that it wasn't You!! :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Well!

He got the Carpet washed!:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

I was hoping to see a fish come flopping outa there!

Not only stuck but stuck some place he probably shouldn't have been...

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

There is a make shift spot down near the mouth of the Eel River where guys launch their boats for duck hunting and fishing. On lower tides, it's a mud hole. Luckily, there is a dairy farmer just down the road. He make some nice money pulling trucks out with his tractor. (best $20 I ever spent:))

Eel

Eel, You probably have hunted Ducks in that close to Chester part of Almanor called the "Island" and "Catfish Beach". Back when still a Kid, my Dad and i watched 10 or 12 trucks out in a mud flat that we knew better than to try and cross until it got much dryer. It started as one truck being bad stuck, a guy went to help, and before it was over, they all were stuck.

It took a old heavy duty logging wench truck rig to get them all out from about 100yds away!

I can't talk too much about others being stuck as i've been there, had plenty of times myself, but i can't remember having as much fun about it as these guys seemed to be having.

Joey

Yeah Joey, I think I know that spot. There is (was?) a private campground on the east end of the dyke on hwy36. I think we paid $5 to get access to the lake. I remember seeing trucks buried to the axle out there.

Eel

That's it Steve! My buddy and i were still in high school and we had driven up to fish and stay in that campground. We got there after midnight and nobody was around to let us in the gate. I knew of a way to get around and over to where we wanted to Camp, we'd pay up for our week long visit in the morning.

That little "way around" didn't work out so good. We were buzzing right along over this green grassy area when, you know the feeling, the motor started working harder but we were losing speed. My Pard tried to keep us moving but the ground was sucking us down. Come daylight, we were at least axle deep all around, about 40 yards short of getting back on the campground road, and stuck off the road in that little flat, stood out big time like a fresh turd on a new blanket.

Us having to eat crow, take our admonishments, and get pulled out by the Campground Managers tractor was all part of the learning process. lol

It was all good from there though! :)

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom