just a reminder....

M

manny15

Matthew 24:10-14, "At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets and teachers will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of evil, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

And this Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."

Manny, I'm not sure if I should agree or argue. could you decipher it?

Oh yee of little faith.

Thanks Manny.

?Justice consists not in being neutral between right and wrong, but in finding out the right and upholding it, wherever found, against the wrong.?
---Theodore Roosevelt,

Hunt'

Here?s the short version, its depicting life on earth prior to the return of Jesus Christ, while most is self Explanatory, but "many will turn away from the faith" = many will not believe in Jesus as God's son...

Next "Because of the increase of evil, the love of most will grow cold" = because of evil people and their deeds people will loose their natural affection for people and their own kin (children)...

Lastly "And this Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." = when every nation, country, city, village and every lost tribe hear the gospel of Jesus Christ. Jesus will end this all....

And I must say with the invent of the television then the internet and thousands of missionaries we can't be far from that at all!

End it all? ok you're talking about your dooms day thing. I won't even go down the path to agruing all the holes in that idea but let me ask this, what about the non Christian? does the dooms day deal work on them too? is it just their bad luck they had the wrong god? I'm not arguing I'm just curious about what is really in some peoples heads.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-10-07 AT 10:28AM (MST)[p]we all (christians) have our own theology on this subject, but I think this part is clear, those who don't except Jesus as son of God, will be here to face the beast 666 dude (anti-christ) then only one way to make it after that will be to deny the anti christ which will result in death, weather thru hunger because no one wil be able to buy or sell without the mark (chip) when he's in power or he kills them ?.. again short version...

John 3:36 He that believe's on the Son has everlasting life: and he that believes not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abides on him.

websters, wrath = Middle English, from Old English wr?̄ththo, from wr?th or wroth : retributory punishment for an offense or a crime : divine chastisement

I figure if God exist Jesus is probably his son, does that count?

You guys really have some uplifting beliefs, looks like Torquemada is gone but his legacy lives on.

of course it counts but how much, you know for every subject theres a passage or teaching, = James 2:19 you believe in God; you do well: the devils also believe and tremble.

James 2:20 But will you know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? ? therefore belief is not enough...

i only know Torquemada was the First Grand Inquisitor of Spain...?

I still don't speak either jive or churchese so I didn't get that.

The reference to Torquemada was about the judgment and punishment for non believers . the fact a mass murderer who believes would be considered more worthy than a philanthropist who doesn't will always be a perfect reason to ignore religion for me. good people are good people, I don't care what religion they are or if they have one. to think any other way is illogical.

> I still don't speak either
>jive or churchese so I
>didn't get that.
>
> The reference to Torquemada was
>about the judgment and punishment
>for non believers . the
>fact a mass murderer who
>believes would be considered more
>worthy than a philanthropist who
>doesn't will always be a
>perfect reason to ignore religion
>for me. good people are
>good people, I don't care
>what religion they are or
>if they have one. to
>think any other way is
>illogical.

This may be the first post of yours I agree with!

While I am fairly religous, I do not believe only like-minded folks will be 'saved'. I believe we will be judged based on our works not on our professed faith.

Having said that, I can't fathom not believing in a Supreme Being of some sort. To be a 'non-believer' you must believe something came from nothing, which defies science.

PRO

Bart & Hunt dude'

I just hope your right, but if not then ????????????

you see if I'm wrong, which I don't believe I am, due to scripture reference's listed, I don't have anything to loose, but if you are wrong then you loose..........

but you know you gotta get the whole story this has been nothing more then the short version, read it all for yourselve's

Matthew;24

I'd rather go to an all night dentist than try to read and decipher that stuff. I think I'll take my chances.

and thats your Prerogative, I just hope it doesn't come around and bite you in the A,s,s some day soon...Peace out,,,,

manny, I have read the NT many times, so I ask you, if I come up with a different conclusion to what these scriptures say, who is wrong and who is right? I believe that EVERY human will be judged, not based on what he believes, but by how he lives and how he treats his fellow man. I am a God-fearing man, who thanks God daily for what I have and for sending his Son to make it possible for me to return to God someday, however, I am not willing to say that because yoou are of a different faith, or have never even heard of Christ you are doomed. I don't see that as very 'Christlike'. Just my warped view of it all.

PRO

"And this Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come"

According to this scripture there will not be a soul that hadn't heard of Jesus.......

When Jesus left this earth he didn't ask anyone to start a bunch of different religions or denominations, every facet or denomination of religion have their own pet scripture they cling to and then go on and start some new denomination in their quest to be the one who's got it right, Lutheran, Catholic?s, Prespaterian ect: ?.

1Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Here is a simple question, what about someone like my mothers ancestors living in the western US hundreds of years before the white man brought christianity to them? they no doubt didn't hear or care about your religion, are they doomed to sit on hot rocks forever? like pro says that seems pretty harsh given the situation. I've heard all the sales pitches and choose to think for myself but what about those who never had the chance?

I've got lots of questions and thoughts for you but not only is there not enough time to get answers but I'm unpopular enough as it is.

They say you should never talk religion or politics, too late on politics, for religion I'm just asking questions not arguing.

the american indian had a better grasp on the one true God then many today do, my opinion is this, back when some one pass's and never heard of Jesus will be judged by their deeds.

2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

1Co 2:14 A person who isn't spiritual doesn't accept the teachings of God's. He thinks they're nonsense. He can't understand them because a person must be spiritual to evaluate them

Hebrews 11:6 No one can please God without faith. Whoever goes to God must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom