Jury Duty

eelgrass

Long Time Member
How many of you have ever served? I have served a few times. The most memorable was a 1st degree murder trial. The trial lasted about 7 weeks. The victim had seven gun shot wounds to the head, so we pretty much ruled out suicide.:) Mostly a circumstantial evidence case. After deliberations, the defendent was found guilty and is serving 25 to life.

The whole justice system is pretty fascinating but I hope I never have to endure another experience like that again. (A 7 week trial).

It sure seems like the court system wastes a lot of time. They say the wheels of justice turn slowly. Man, that's the truth.

Eel

I'VE BEEN 3 TIMES!!!

METH HEAD CASES EVERY TIME!!!

PEOPLE IN THEIR 30'S WITH NOT A TOOTH LEFT IN THEIR HEADS!!!

THAT TELL YOU ANYTHING???

A FEW DAYS ON EACH!!!

GAWD I HOPE I NEVER HAVE A 7 WEEK ORDEAL!!!

THE FIRST JURY DUTY I WAS PICKED ON!!!

THEY ASKED US IF ANY OF US KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT METH!!!

NONE OF US DID!!!

SO WE WASTED ONE DAY LEARNING ABOUT METH!!!

DID YA ALL KNOW OUR US GOVERNMENT ISSUED IT TO OUR SOLDIERS IN WWII???

DID YOU KNOW HITLERS STRAIN OF METH IS WAY WORSE THAN MOST???

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

I have only been called once. It was for a DUI. The DEFENDANT claimed he'd only had a few beers and a couple of drinks while he played poker at the bar from 10:30 AM until closing.

He was on tape as not being able to say the ABCs (said he'd never been very smart), couldn't count to 10 and the officer said he fell down when he tried to walk the straight line.

You're right, the system is interesting, because we found him innocent.

Everyone said they did the same thing and nobody got hurt.

I have done the serving on jury twice, first time a murder case and the second one was a rape and attempted rape of the second person.
The first one was a "hung jury" and the woman got off, what a douche bag. Took three weeks and looking over the crime scene too.

Second was more interesting, it was called the "Doggie Door Rapist". Skinny guy was able to squeeze through the doggie door so far and unlock the door handle from inside. Then waited till the two ladies came home later that night and went to bed. Yea, two lezzies. He jumped the fat one first and got done with her, then jumped the skinny one and tried to hold the fat one down with one arm across her upper chest. The fat one was too strong and threw him off the skinny one and he took off running out the back door with only his pants. Left the shirt and shoes behind in is hasty retreat. The police caught him about three blocks later walking with just his pants, no shoes or shirt in the dead of the winter.
We only took two days to convict him and the last I heard a few years ago, he was up for parole and a group of the RAINBOW LADIES had signed a petition to keep him locked up since it was his second conviction back then.

Never have been able to get the right number to go in for selection so I could get off from work. The company encouraged the workers to serve their community.

Now I have a Dr. excuse so don't have to go, can't sit that long and my hearing ain't worth a crap LOL

Brian

Once. DUI case. They saw my alcohol record and I did not make the cut. The Prosecutor did not want me. Never had a DUI, but I guess they thought I would try to help the drunk?;-)

I have been called a few times in Utah and twice in Texas. In Southern Utah was an alternate on a case that involved the theft of several farm implements, water rights and a few head of sheep between two different polygamist families.

Was selected for the jury on a DUI case here in Texas. We went in to the courtroom sat down, the PA and Def. Attorney met with the judge up close, then the judge excused us. It seems that the defendant decided he didn't really want to face a jury of his peers and plead out. We got paid for the full day though! $25! Woo hoo!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Have been called several times. Went to box twice. The defense attorneys cut me loose, twice, for no cause. Found out I was a redneck......LOL. This was in CA, years ago in my former life.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom