Jumping Jack Trailer Rental

Ticks N Tines

Very Active Member
Awesome Trailers, but $5000????????
Anybody know where I could rent one for my LE elk hunt this September?

Thanks
Matt

I work for the company (Lifetime Products) who manufactures them now and they are pretty sweet trailers. I've taken one out several times and would probably buy one if they didn't let us borrow one a few times a year. Backyard's Inc is our outlet store so I'd check with them to see if they have a rental.

http://www.backyardsinc.com/Locations.aspx

Workman Predator Calls Field Staff

Good info, thanks.
I called them up and they don't rent out any trailers. Bummer :(

How about you buy one for cheap (Since you work there) and then rent it out? I think you would make some good money.

Looks interesting, but I wonder how much you rock and roll when you move around the trailer/tent and when you shift around at night? If the trailer is not hooked to a vehicle, looks like it might move around a might when you are in it?

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Where they sit so high compared to a ground-normal tent, no doubt when the wind is blowing the must move around alot.

I always had an interest in them but buying a similar size flat trlr and modifiing for a tent was way cheaper.

If a guy really wants something he should just get it and enjoy.

Robb

It's not just a tent trailer. It serves as a utility trailer as well. You can hauly your ATVs and gear on top of it and still have the tent trailer underneath. The tent is a nice "Walk in" tent and has a table and comfortable padded beds.
I need to haul ATVs down and I need a nice place to stay too. This trailer can satisfy both needs.

My buddy used one through their work/use program for a shed hunt and he said it was awesome.

Yelum

I still don't get it. I'm pretty sure I can buy a 4 wheeler trailer, a foam pad, a springbar tent and a table for less than $5000. I'll probably have enough left over to buy a cooler and a lantern as well...

LAST EDITED ON May-06-10 AT 09:02AM (MST)[p]Like I said in my "Main" post: "I'm not interested in buying one, I would like to rent one.

$5000 is too much fot the trailer. I have heard it's an awesome trailer, but I could never justify that much. I would pay $200 to rent one for 5 days though. If anyone owns one on here and want's to make an easy $200-$250 and let me rent a JJ trailer, shoot me a PM. We could easily write up a contract and make a deal.

LAST EDITED ON May-06-10 AT 08:11AM (MST)[p]I took one down to Goblin Valley a few weeks ago and it was really windy. While all the other tents had broken poles and were almost laying flat by the end of the week, the Jumping Jack stood tall and held up very well. I was concerned that it would flap in the wind but the heavy-duty canvas didn't flap much at all. It's a pretty stable trailer and is built tough compared to my old little pop-up tent trailer.
Like HJB said it's not just a tent trailer. It's a toy hauler plus you can pull the tent out and use it as a utility trailer.
Check it out for yourselves...
www.jumpingjacktrailers.com

Workman Predator Calls Field Staff

A good springbar tent is only 600.00 to 800.00 dollars..sleeping pad 70.00 ... a good 4 wheeler trailer 1500.00
why spend 5000.00?????

LAST EDITED ON May-06-10 AT 10:09AM (MST)[p]HJB said, "Do you people not understand the word "RENT"???"

Looks like you may have trouble finding one for rent unless through a private party. There is/has been some interest in these trailers though and it seems there is some debate as to it's merits or worth.

My neighbor had one that he had to let go because of a illness in the family. He sold his in near mint condition with all the goodies for $4000. I was very impressed with how well built these units really are. Certainly you could buy scrap and some of the components on sales and put together something but i doubt very much that most here could do so and still come close to have such a great "tool" for the exact job that these trailers are made for.

Good luck in your search for a rental one HJB!!

Joey

Thanks
I think I may be staying in my tent. Oh well, it's a LE hunt and this is the last thing I need to worry about.

I have 2 flying horses for rent.......:)

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

MOTEL 6@$29.95 per night.......the lights are always on.

Brian
xvvgp.jpg

HJB dont know where to rent them but you could rent a u haul trailer purchase a cot and do the same thing.

the rest
they are a rip off for 5,000

you could pick up a good enclosed atv trailer buy a cot for half the price.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

Try a google search for Utah RV rentals and you most prolly will find a place that rents something that will work for you.

Very smart to be getting on top of your game way in advance verse waiting till early August!

Reads like you will be solo hunting on your LE tag......same gig as me this fall too.........perfect enjoyment.

Robb

There's a lot of trailers out there that won't go where the jumping jack will go. It's a durable trailer and that can handle some nasty roads and terrain. I wouldn't want to take a "Uhaul" or a regular "Tent Trailer" on a 4x4 road. I want something I don't need to worry too much about. The Jumping jack has good clearance and it's less likely to fall apart or get a flat.

I know there are other alternatives, and I thank you all for the suggestions. I have some time to think about it, so hopefully I can find something that will work.
I can always just take a my tusty old tent and cot. I just need a trailer big enough to haul out my 400 bull :)

Leicabucks,
I would take you up on the "flying Horses", but this hunt needs to be fair chase. I can't use magic :) Maybe next year for the muzzy hunt.

what tag do you have? if you rent one do it through a business that you can carry insurance so if anything happens it doesn't come out of your pocket. i rented a friends for a bear hunt and on the way back the axle broke in half. we parked it in front of a farm house and told the farmer what happened and said we would be back the next day. to make a long story short someone stole it that night and me and my friend had to pay out of our pocket what it was worth.

No matter what you decide on your camp set up, that is a great tag to have and enjoy.

The best of everything on your hunt.

Robb

If thats what you want, I would look at buying that used one on KSL. You could use it for scouting, your elk hunt, and any other trips you take this year.

Then, you can turn around and sell it if you want. I doubt you would be out that much...

That's a good deal (I guess), but I don't have 3,000 to fork out. I have got to save a bunch of money for all the hunt expenses and taxidermy (If I shoot a biggun).

Thanks for the heads up though.

I will rent you a trailer, and ATV and a big A tent for $150 a day. Or a trailer and a big A tent for $100 a day and I am here in utah!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom