July discovery.

Long Time Member
After my hospital escapades I came across a nice century-old Winchester WRF 90. I needed to find something to clean while I stare at a ceiling for the next few weeks.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

A cordless drill with a wire brush works great! ;-)

Glad you're home and apparently on the mend.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

>A cordless drill with a wire
>brush works great! ;-)
>
>Glad you're home and apparently on
>the mend.
>
>Joey
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"

Much better now. That five day bed and breakfast could possibly be the worst week of my life.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Glad to see you are home and hopefully on the mend. If that gun has a light coat of rust on it. Go ahead and use #0000 steel wool and a light gun oil. If you use light pressure it will not remove any bluing.

You said Winchester 90, are you referring to a Winchester 1890 slide action rifle in 22 rimfire caliber. If you are, be very careful about any cleanup job. I would just clean any rust off and nothing else. They have high collector value and can go from 1,000 dollars to 3500 dollars if in NRA good condition. The high end is one with a case harden frame. If it has a nickel steel barrel, the price goes up over those figures I gave you.

RELH

That's exactly what I am talking about. Chambered in .22 Winchester Rim Fire. I need to do some more research about it to figure out which run came from. It has the old rear flip up peep sight. I would like to locate a replacement peep. Other than that it has character use and age but no signs 9f neglect or abuse. I could be wrong but I think this may have come from an ROTC high school CMP group. I will have to 0ut up a pic when I get a minute. Will make a nice break from starring at the ceiling.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I doubt if you even have one. It's probably just the pain meds you're on.

Eel

Guns are like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one you probably will never need one again.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-30-15 AT 10:14AM (MST)[p]Better post some pics of the finished product. Sounds like a great project to do while you are laid up.

On the bright side, there are a lot of good mid-day TV programs. Lots of court room shows with "real people" and "real cases". Also there are always "Cops" reruns too. It will be like you never missed a day of work.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

>No he doesn't have one ....but
>I DO!!!
>It's with the guns up for
>sale for anyone who takes
> 45 off my hands
>.

Well, I believe you have one.:)

Eel

Guns are like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one you probably will never need one again.

Becki...guess you are stuck with 1911 as no one wants or needs him anymore...sorry. LOL

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Ransoms a sucker he will come get him !!!
They can chase bears and find Bigfoot.
Ahhh don't tell them Bigfoot isn't real !!!

1911 said...." I will have to 0ut up a pic when I get a minute. Will make a nice break from starring at the ceiling."

Still waiting for the pic. I think there is no pic. It was just the drugs talking. It's happened to me before.

Eel

Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have suggested the Cops reruns. Guess he turned them on and lost the remote.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Hill Street Blues re-runs Maybe.LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom