Johnny Football rides again!

txhunter58

Long Time Member
Johnny Manziel was as good as ever in leading the fighting Texas Aggies back to beat Duke in their bowl game tonight! Not only am I a fighting Texas Aggie myself (whoop!) but Johnny played football in my hometown of Kerrville, Tx. He did give us many moments of pause this year, but there has never been any question that he can play football!

The ESPN highlight played over and over tomorrow will be his touchdown pass after a play where you couldn't seee any way he would not go down, but he didn't. Those size 15 shoes sure come in handy sometimes!

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

His game won't work in the NFL.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

I switched the channel thinking there was no way they were coming back. This is the first I heard they won. Sounds like I missed a great one.

>I switched the channel thinking there
>was no way they were
>coming back. This is the
>first I heard they won.
>Sounds like I missed a
>great one.

They came back just like you returned to the gas station. Better late than never I always say.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

First full game I have seen him play. Impressive. Guy is awful small for the NFL.
His speed will be negated there. Doug Flutie made a run of it though.

>First full game I have seen
>him play. Impressive.
>Guy is awful small for
>the NFL.
>His speed will be negated there.
> Doug Flutie made a
>run of it though.

Drew Brees and Russel Wilson are way to small to play in the nfl too.
Speed is something that can never be negated.

Traditional >>>------->

There is one big difference between Wilson/Brees & Johnny football. Wilson/Brees are the ultimate professionals on and off the field and Johnny football has a tendency to be a dicweed. You should know about dicweed qb's Horse, your Bears have Jay Cutler. LMAO! It takes way more than physical football talent to be great in the NFL.

I saw the entire first half, went to a New Year's Eve party for a couple of hours and forgot about the game. When my son later told me that A&M came back and won, I couldn't believe it. I saw the highlights on ESPN - that play he made, gave me goosebumps.

If you think he is too small for the NFL or his game doesn't translate, then you haven't been paying attention. They guy is freaking electric and you don't often see that type of an emotional leader - I think he has long NFL career ahead of him.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

He finished his high school here in Kerrville, and had a propensity for getting into trouble even then. So I wasn't sure he had the stuff to make it in College either. Was I wrong there! So, I just don't know about the pros. What I worry about the most is his getting hurt. What makes him so special in college (throw/run threat) is what will make him vulnerable in the pros. Being an RG III type of quarterback (pass and run), he will have a proensity to get hurt when those bigger/faster guys hit him.

txhunter58

It always the case when you move into the next level,(Grade school to High School, High School to College, ECT) They seem to get faster and strong as you go up the ladder. I think he will have a lot of batted ball just like Doug did, But I think he will do better then Tebow did.
Trouble will find him also if he doesn't have handler to keep him on the straight and narrow.
BUT he sure can play the game he is funny to watch.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

LAST EDITED ON Jan-03-14 AT 05:41AM (MST)[p]Haha a lot more like Fran Tarkenton than RG3! There's just no way I see a guy with his build, play style & attitude making it on the next level. I expect he will be very injury prone. Won't be playin Duke in the NFL. Wait til Ndamukong Suh sits on him the first time. Oh geez. That won't be pretty.

The only thing Jay Cutler has ever been guilty of is having his facial expressions misinterpreted! What a joke. Very glad to see him reup yesterday and actually have the same coaches & playbook around him for 2 consecutive years! End of the revolving OC's. What a novel idea. :)

Ya its just facial expressions. They just spent 18 mil a year of cap money on a guy that played in 10 game,was 5-5 and has never won anything,anywhere. He is not a leader and the bears will never win with no defense and Mr. Misinterpreted under center. He is a one read and throw it loser that will keep the Bears right where they finished this year.
To keep post on subject, Johnny Football is a dicweed.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-03-14 AT 09:27AM (MST)[p]"Cutler is especially excited to continue to build continuity with his coaches and teammates. This season the Bears ranked second in the NFL with 445 points and their offense set team records with 6,109 total yards, 4,450 passing yards, 344 first downs, 32 passing touchdowns and a 96.9 passer rating."

Not bad considering this was the first year he has not been surrounded with hot garbage, like #1 & #2 receivers Johnny Knox & Devon Hester??? And this year the Bears defense set all-time NFL records in rushing yardage allowed. Brutal. They had 3 opportunities to stop Aaron Rodgers on 4th down on the last drive/last game and could not do it. 4th & 8. With a tiny slow white guy playing safety?! Ya that's Cutler's fault.

Next year will be his first in his career with the same playbook & OC for two consecutive seasons. Now that's just plain crazy. How the hell you supposed to perfect anything?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-03-14 AT 09:09PM (MST)[p]Hey Zim - you can keep Cutler. Denver Broncos fans thank you - we thank you VERY MUCH!

As for Johnny Football, well, you all know I bleed burnt orange, so it is hard for me to root for an Aggie, but man, when I watch that kid play, he just has the "IT" factor. He needs to improve his accuracy, but he has great throwing mechanics and and uncanny ability to find the open areas of the field and make things happen. I think he will do will in the NFL and we will enjoy seeing him make big, improbable plays for a long time to come.

Little treat for your desktop txhunter...

6674jffmeme.jpg

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Couple of things are for certain. He will declare for the draft soon (his receiver Evans already has) and he will get a BIG paycheck for doing so!

txhunter58

Cutler fans are like Obama fans. Its always somebody elses fault why they suck because you bought into the myth that they were worth a shyt a long tine ago. Good luck on building a winning team paying avg jay 18 mil a year.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-14 AT 11:18PM (MST)[p]Ummmmm........let me repeat........"This season the Jay Cutler lead Bears ranked second in the entire NFL with 445 points and their offense set team records with 6,109 total yards, 4,450 passing yards, 344 first downs, 32 passing touchdowns and a 96.9 passer rating."

The only team that topped him was lead by arguably the #1 QB of all time.

Anyone care to bet me $10,000 that whatever team drafts this Johnny Foosball will lead his team to the second most points scored in the NFL next season? Put your money where your mouth is.

He played in 10 games,had a 63% comp rate,7.4 ypa,19tds/12int& qb rating of 89 5-5 record. McCowns numbers 66.5%/8.2/13tds/1int& qb rating of 109. So tell me again where u figure Avg Jay is worth 18 mil? Be careful shooting off your mouth and wallet Zim. He had 2/3 of a season that were not anywhere close to the numbers the backup put up and they are sitting at home watching the playoffs. He was 1-2 to end the year including miserable getting blown out by Philly. Get your facts straight man. He will never win unless the team around him is loaded on offense with a top5 defense. Hell even Rex Grossman made the SB with that formula. Care to pay him 18 million a season?

And to keep on subject Johnny football is a dicweed.

>Wanna bet me 10 grand that
>Cutler does?

He already did. :)

LAST EDITED ON Jan-05-14 AT 10:09AM (MST)[p]Get your facts right, opbuckslayer. Everyone is happy to have McCown here, but he played during the weakest stretch of the Bear's schedule and still only went 3-3, losing to the lowly Vikings, Lions & Rams. He beat up on the powerhouse Cowboys defense! :) Only defense as bad as the Bears! Last time I checked Cutler was not on the field for the defense for a single play of that Philadelphia debacle!

Good luck, Johnny Foosball. It will be nostalgic watching his Fran Tarkenton imitation in a 2014 NFL. Really I'm looking forward to it..........while it lasts. :)

I was a nay sayer that he would make it at Texas A & M too, so I don't count him out, but have my doubts. What I would bet you is that he will make many millions even if he never amounts to much in the NFL.

txhunter58

No he wasn't but he did nothing early in the game finished 20/35 57% and threw a pick6 with most of his yards and completions coming after getting down 28. Keep telling yourself giving a soon to be 31 year old never has been or will be a 10 million a year raise is a good model for success. I'm pretty sure I got the facts straight Zimbo.

OP, When your defense gives up more points than the second leading scoring offense in the league it's difficult for anyone to win games. Jay is an average
QB with a giant arm. I'm not excited about the money they spent but who else is out there? I'm a Bears fan I'm used to mediocre. I'll take the gamble though that Cutler will be a top QB with Trestman and his surrounding talent. He helped Gannon to an MVP with the Raiders at near 40 years old.
Did he or did he not (Cutler) take the bears to the NFC champ game a few years back? Who were his surrounding cast? Knox, Hester, Roy Williams, NO tightend, and the most porous O-line you could imagine.
Before he broke his hand a year ago he was playing the best ball of his career with joke of an o-line again. His rating was in the top few of the entire NFL. He stays healthy and his weapons stay healthy I like our chances. How can you argue with those facts?

In my original post I wasn't defending Johnny football, I was just defending talent.

Traditional >>>------->

Their defense took them to the nfc championship game and they beat the 7-9 nfc west champ Seahawks in the divisional round to advance. If memory serves me right, mr. misunderstood quit because his knee hurt. Did Rex Grossman take your Bears to the Superbowl or was it a dominant defense and big plays on specials? The fact is the Bears have painted themselves into a corner with Cutler and now you fans are trying to convince yourselves its delicious even tho it tastes like shyt. There are 3 words that will never pass by my lips in succession no matter what happens, Cutler is good. I will root against him til the day he quits, again.

I will not root against anybody, including Johnny Foosball. In fact, I will enjoy reminiscing the old days of arch enemy Fran Tarkenton as I watch Johnny run from Ndamukong. Will be quality entertainment the league needs.

Did you see the Manzielian play made my Andrew Luck? His guy fumbled the ball, bounces off of his offensive lineman, bounces into Luck arms, and he scores a touchdown.

Now, that was actually a Luckian play and should probably have nothing to be a reference to Manziel about, but Manziel has made plays like that enough for him to pop into my mind when Luck made that play.

But If I had a choice between the two, Luck would be the ONLY choice!

txhunter58

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom