John Wayne or Clint Eastwood?

>Who's westerns would you rather watch?
>
>Eastwood for me. ..........yeah, but you have "man crushes"

John Wayne had better screenwriters but "The Outlaw Josey Wales", is a tough to beat western.

I have to say John Wayne but I like them both. My wife is a huuuuge John Wayne fan. She has all of his movies, framed pictures etc. A couple times a year we all hunker down for a John Wayne marathon. We sit and watch his movies and eat popcorn all day. My Dad usually joins us. Fun times.
Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

John Wayne made the better westerns, but Clint Eastwood is a better all around actor. Favorite John Wayne movie is True Grit.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-09 AT 08:03PM (MST)[p]I grew up watching John Wayne, and in my teens watching Eastwood, and enjoyed them both. Later I discovered Glen Ford's westerns and liked them just as well. Steve McQueen also did a few great westerns, as did Audie Murphy. Man I miss those good ol movies. John definately had better writers. Tom Seleck and Sam Elliott played great cowboys too.
My favs from each are;
Wayne--THE QUIET MAN
Eastwood--OUTLAW JOSE WALES/GOOD-BAD-UGLY
Ford--THE FASTEST DRAW
Murphy--GERONIMO
McQueen--THE MAGNIFICIENT 7/ WANTED DEAED OR ALIVE
Elliott--THE QUICK AND THE DEAD
Seleck--QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER

Yelum

Hard to choose as I like them both...But I believe I like JW's movies more...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

John Wayne if I had to pick. I really like El Dorado, Rio Bravo, The Searchers, Big Jake, and the Comancheros. The Outlaw Josey Wales is in my top few favorites though, with The Magnificent 7, The Big Country, and The Bravados. The Duke is the best though, lots of old good ones, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, Red River, and Rio Lobo.....I wish I had a couple days to kill and watch em' all again...

JOHN WAYNE IN THE COWBOYS, AND CLINT IN THE UNFORGIVEN. SORRY CANT CHOOSE ONE OVER THE OTHER. ALL THE SPAGHETTI'S WERE GOOD.

everyday i walk into my parents house to see them watching clint eastwood.

The best western ever was tombstone and the best western actor was VAL KILMOR{ sp?? as usual} playing doc holiday!

right behind that was YOUNG GUNS 1 and 2!

sorry if i offended any of you old timers:)

Thats a tough one. Depends on what mood I am in. As far as best western of all time, Give me Young Guns. Also loved the sequel. "You wanna know if I have scars? Yes sir, I have my scars."

The BEST western ever is, hands down for me, "Lonesome Dove".

I don't like any of the sequels, but Robert Duvall played Gus beyond all other roles by anybody, ever.

Val Killmer's Doc Holliday is a close second.

Lonesome Dove and Tombsone are 1A-1B. Open Range follows pretty close. John Wayne would be my pick though.

Clint all the way.. Best western actor there was, is, or will ever be. Duke ain't too shabby though!

I agree that Lonesome Dove is up there in the top 3 all time.

------------------
DRSS Chapuis 470NE
SCI
DSC
WSF
QU
NRA

Feleno It depends on one thing between the two....and that is "do you feel lucky?, well do ya punk!!

I would have to go with Clint but the Duke is an extremely close second!! I like the gritty quiet tough guy thats going to whip your ass when you least expect it more so than the boisterous "Oh you want to mess with me" act of John Wayne. Clints characters are more "in the shadows" instead of the "spotlight".

"Crint Easwoot" LOL

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Clint Easrwood....
Good actor?,,,,Yes.
BUT....We ain't no friend of his.

Link...

http://www.hsus.org/about_us/celebrity_support/hunting_doesnt_make_clints.html#

Hunting Doesn't Make Clint's Day

250x350_clint_eastwood_mdb.jpg

With an unmistakable sneer, that glint in his eye and that big-bore pistol he carried in some of those early movie roles, Clint Eastwood came to exemplify a man ready at the trigger.

But that's the Hollywood character.
In real life, the five-time Academy Award winner has a different view about guns?namely, that they shouldn't be used to kill animals.

In an interview with The Los Angeles Times, the actor recently reflected about a politician who spoke eagerly about shooting and "bagging a bird." Eastwood remarked, "I was thinking, 'The poor duck, what the hell did she do that for?' I don't go for hunting. I just don't like killing creatures."

Andrew Page, The HSUS?s Wildlife Abuse Campaign director, notes that most Americans agree with Eastwood. ?There are nearly six times as many outdoor enthusiasts who use a camera to shoot America?s wildlife as employ a firearm," Page said.

The Humane Society of the United States vigorously celebrates the human-animal bond, including the essential bond between Americans and wildlife.

The HSUS also campaigns against the worst abuses of this wildlife?such as shooting animals confined in pens, trophy hunting of the threatened polar bear, or the scourge of poaching.

He has voiced a lack of interest in hunting, saying, "I don't go for hunting. I just don't like killing creatures. Unless they're trying to kill me. Then that would be fine

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Westerns?
I'll go John Wayne all day long with "True Grit" #1
Lonesome Dove #2, Duvall was incredible.

John Wayne & Roy Weatherby with the Duke's .300 WM.
Roy_John_Wayne.jpg

John Wayne in a landslide for me! Clint was great in Josey Wales but i hated Unforgiven. As far as best westerns of all time my vote goes to Lonesome Dove. Robert Duvall's signature role! My kids love McClintock and my favorite John Wayne is the Cowboys or Rooster Cogburn. Tombstone and Open Range and Chisum round out my top 5.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-23-09 AT 10:33AM (MST)[p]John Wayne bar-none!

I hate the hypocrisy of Hollywood actors, (Clint) killing people on the big screen n collecting their Millions, but in real time, there back stabbing igno?s or R we the igno?s for paying to watch their films??

my two pennies worth for the day, Your welcome!

Marion Michael Morrison (John Wayne). He is #1 in my book. My favorite Duke movies are The Shootist, Rooster Cogburn, The Cowboys, True Grit and McClintock.

As far as western's in general, my favorite alltime is Lonesome Dove. I have the three disc set and I have a marathon every winter as well.

As far as Clint goes, he's one of my favorite actors also. I have all of the Dirty Harry movies and a fair share of his old westerns. Gran Torino is one bad a$$ flick.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-23-09 AT 03:57PM (MST)[p]>Marion Michael Morrison (John Wayne).
>He is #1 in my
>book. My favorite Duke
>movies are The Shootist, Rooster
>Cogburn, The Cowboys, True Grit
>and McClintock.
>
>As far as western's in general,
>my favorite alltime is Lonesome
>Dove. I have the
>three disc set and I
>have a marathon every winter
>as well.
>
>As far as Clint goes, he's
>one of my favorite actors
>also. I have all
>of the Dirty Harry movies
>and a fair share of
>his old westerns. Gran
>Torino is one bad a$$
>flick.

hey bates, pay attention, Clint is a hypocrite......

So be it Manny. I understand what you are saying. There is a bunch of those Hollywood liberals that are that way.

I don't have to dislike a actor or person for that matter because of what they believe in. Just because my very best buddy has very different religous beliefs than me doesn't change the fact that I would risk my life to save his. How's that for something good to think about.

I'm with you Manny. Bates, I would put my life on the line for lots of people I don't like. Even hypocrites. fatrooster.

1-John Wayne-(The Duke) is the King
2-Clint Eastwood - is the baddest ass cowboy
3-Robert Duvall- classy cowboy "Lori darlin, how bout a poke"
4-Tom Selleck - best looking

1-Lonesome Dove - hands down the best ever
2-Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
3-The Outlaw Josey Whales
4-Young Guns
5-The Cowboys
6-Quigley Down Under
7-Silverado
8-Wyatt Earp
9-Tombstone
10-The man From Snowy River

I would say John Wayne over Eastwood any day and I also enjoyed watching Jimmy Stewart, Henry Fonda and Glenn Ford in the 50's -60's westerns.

Some of my favorite western movies:

Lonesome Dove - Best by far
Wyatt Earp -
Tombstone -
Young Guns 1 & 2
Quick and the dead -
Silverado -
Hombre -

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom