John 3:13????

K

ktc

I was watching the NCAA tournament yesterday and a guy was holding up the yellow "John 3:13" sign. I have seen this sign for years and years at many sporting events. Seems like this started sometime in the 80's?

I read the scripture last night, and to relate it to sports, I could find no connection? Can someone please tell me why people show this sign, with that particular verse in the Bible, and what it represents in the sporting world? This has driven me nuts for damn near 30 years. I am not into Biblical study and terms so a laymans explanation would be nice.;-)

Very simple. It has nothing to do with sports. They just know that there are lots of TV's at sporting events, and want to "get the message out".

John 3:13 (New International Version)
13No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven?the Son of Man.[a]

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

The Hawaiian Gods passed that down to D13er during his body cleansing on the Big Island last week. Welcome home SeaMaster.

Brian

ktc
i think you mean John 3:16. No other verse in the Bible so succinctly summarizes God's relationship with humanity and the way of salvation. Some consider John 3:16 as the "theme verse" for the entire Bible. John 3:16 tells us of the love God has for us and the extent of that love?so great that He sacrificed His only Son on our behalf. John 3:16 teaches us that anyone who believes in Jesus Christ, God's Son, will be saved. John 3:16 gives us the glorious hope of eternal life in heaven through the love of God and death of Jesus Christ.

Rollen Frederick Stewart (born May 20, 1944), also known as Rock 'n' Rollen and Rainbow Man, was a fixture in American sports culture best known for wearing a rainbow-colored afro-style wig and holding up signs reading "John 3:16" at stadium sporting events around the United States in the 1970s and 1980s.

Apparently at first just in it for the publicity stunts, Stewart became a born again Christian obsessed with "getting the message out" via television.

I'm a SF Giants fan and always see it on TV while watching the game. I always thought it meant the Giants will never win the World Series, only the Yankees, who have been there before.

:)

>ktc
>i think you mean John 3:16.
>No other verse in the
>Bible so succinctly summarizes God's
>relationship with humanity and the
>way of salvation. Some consider
>John 3:16 as the "theme
>verse" for the entire Bible.
>John 3:16 tells us of
>the love God has for
>us and the extent of
>that love?so great that He
>sacrificed His only Son on
>our behalf. John 3:16 teaches
>us that anyone who believes
>in Jesus Christ, God's Son,
>will be saved. John 3:16
>gives us the glorious hope
>of eternal life in heaven
>through the love of God
>and death of Jesus Christ.
>
>
>Rollen Frederick Stewart (born May 20,
>1944), also known as Rock
>'n' Rollen and Rainbow Man,
>was a fixture in American
>sports culture best known for
>wearing a rainbow-colored afro-style wig
>and holding up signs reading
>"John 3:16" at stadium sporting
>events around the United States
>in the 1970s and 1980s.
>
>
>Apparently at first just in it
>for the publicity stunts, Stewart
>became a born again Christian
>obsessed with "getting the message
>out" via television.

Wow. Impressive Feleno.

I do stand corrected on the 3:16 part. Like I said Biblical Study is not my strong point.

Guys, I hate to admit it, but I am still at a loss. Ha! It sounds like some religious denomination possibly is spreading the word? Perhaps just individuals? I will go back to ignoring the signs and wondering. ;-)

Its a cheap and free way to spread the good word in the Christian world without having to go door to door two by two like the Mormons

HEY ty!!!

YOU TAKE ONE BIBLICAL LESSON IN YOUR LIFE & YOU FOULED THE NUMBERS UP!!!

JUST RAZZIN YA!!!

((( }> }> }> }> }> !!! )))

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

>HEY ty!!!
>
>YOU TAKE ONE BIBLICAL LESSON IN
>YOUR LIFE & YOU FOULED
>THE NUMBERS UP!!!
>
>JUST RAZZIN YA!!!
>
>((( }> }> }> }> }> !!! )))
>
>
>
>"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE
>WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU
>MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES
>THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU
>HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU
>FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS
>ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR
>OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA
>THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!
>
>
>
493c3bb236d04499.jpg

>
>REMEMBER!!!
>
>THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

ROFL.........

So what does John 3:13 say? Maybe there's a message there. Like "steal second" or "go long" or something that you're all missing. Nothing is truly an accident and maybe ktc was guided to make that error... or not.

If everyone lived by one Rule...you wouldn't need any thing else. the golden rule...thats it, i dont need mark, luke, john, or any of them folks to tell me to treat someone else like i want to be treated.

Here's my favorite verse though- From the Book of JD, chapter 24, verse 35 "verily i say unto you, let it collect dust!"

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Tag!!!

Here's my favorite verse though- From the Book of JD, chapter 24, verse 35 "verily i say unto you, let it collect dust!"

YOU JUST RUFFLED SOME FEATHERS!!!

IS THAT YOUR OWN BOOK???

OR THE BOOK OF JACK DANIELS???

LMAO!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

Here's one of mine....

Galations; 6: 7 -8 do not deceive yourselves; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

8, For he who sows to satisfy their own sinful desires will harvest the consequences of decay and death. But those who live to please God will harvest everlasting life from the Him.

Ruffled some feathers Bess???? what ever will i do? I'm not sure i can live with myself,<sniff,sniff>........Paaaleeeze, mr. president.

Again, i quote the book of JD--- chapter 13 verse 69

"who so ever lectureth ME, payeth too much attention to the idiot, for he is just pushing buttons! Go forth and read thy scriptures, and quoteth all ye want. For he with the biggest sign in the audience shall be forever remembered and talkethed about on MM"

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

"who so ever lectureth ME, payeth too much attention to the idiot, for he is just pushing buttons!"

haha, LMAO

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

John 3:16!!!!!!

OMGOLLY!

I knew better. I knew better.;-)

I suck at Biblical stuff and I admit it. I am with NVB, John 3:13 is my scripture now. I am going to put a John 3:13 sticker in my trailer window over my AWLB one.

Like I said before, I am no smarter on this than before I asked.:)

RE: John 3:16!!!!!!

"And lo therefore, I say unto ye, this site is frought with heathens, varlots and whoremongers of every sort and their numbers are legion! A righteous man, concerned with his eternal destiny, should turneth away from it in all haste."

....Nickman 3:16

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom