Job Losses??

Founder

Founder Since 1999
I was just looking at an article on all the jobless claims. Just curious, how many of you have lost jobs, laid off, hours cut, etc.?

I just run this website, so I haven't lost a job, but I do expect income to be much lower this year from display advertising, as many companies will be cutting back on ad spends.
My wife can work from home, and has been for a couple weeks now. Hard to say what impact this whole mess will have on her job if it were to last 3-4+ months.

Ya. Wife was laid off first of last week, due to virus.

Luckily I retired at end of December and get that check each month and secured a part time job that is still going to bring in extra money.

We will be fine. Luckily house is paid off.

Best of luck to the rest of the MM brotherhood. Stay safe.

All my jobsites we’re closed down yesterday in the aspen valley. We are all “temporarily” laid off until April 17th. We will see what happens. Would go guide float trips on the river during the down time but majority of clients have cancelled clear out to May.

I'm kind of one of the lucky one's so far( knock on wood, cross fingers) I'm retired and get a check, and the wife is laid off while restaurant is closed down, but she is getting a full check while at home. the kids have been out of school since the 9th and not expected to go back till after 17th if at all for the rest of the year. so we are just hanging out at home having family time...ie kids are bored, wife is cooking up a storm, I'm getting fat.

I have not cut hours. I still have work to do. Praise the Lord. On the flip side I literally know more people than I can count who have lost their jobs in the last week. I herd Tillman Fertida laid off 40,000 this week. Those are customers so eventually I am going to feel this.

I have been through recessions and little dips in the economy. I have never seen the blood hit the floor as fast as it is now.

I have not cut hours. I still have work to do. Praise the Lord. On the flip side I literally know more people than I can count who have lost their jobs in the last week. I herd Tillman Fertida laid off 40,000 this week. Those are customers so eventually I am going to feel this.

I have been through recessions and little dips in the economy. I have never seen the blood hit the floor as fast as it is now.

Seein the light?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom