Jimmy rigged 4-wheeler?

Dr_Hunter

Very Active Member
Curious if anyone has ever put a UTV jump seat on the back of their 4-wheeler. I am trying to figure out a way to do it. I would never go any where questionable with my kids on the back but just want something a little more secure for them. Any thoughts?

Dr_Hunter I personally wouldn't suggest anything because so many BAD things can happen modifying an ATV. It has to be YOUR call. So many things can happen even on semi-flat areas..to much speed.., a bump, a dip or whip-T-do and the weight (KIDS) near the rear spells front wheels off the ground, loss of control and flipover..If you do modify your rig to take several of your kids riding at the same time...consider adding a bunch of weight to the front to keep the front wheels down so you can save a trip to the real Dr. :)

))))------->

I'm not an ATV guy, but the idea does not sound good to me from a safety standpoint and I'll bet the manufacturer would never condone that type of modification.

I think you could do it, but I would suggest against it. I think a Polaris RZR back seat is real close to 42". Some of the larger machines might be a tad bit wider. Then you would have to figure out some way to make a harness system because I would think being that high up in a seat would create some interesting momentum changes when going over even the slightest bumps. You might have to do some welding to create a bottom bracing system that will bolt down onto the back rack.

The more I type and think about it, the more I am thinking it's not a good idea.

>
>The more I type and think
>about it, the more I
>am thinking it's not a
>good idea.

+1 to dack77

I have been a quad dude since early 90's and I can tell you that the added weight on the back creates a real problem with control. The darn things can be hazardous to your health without adding additional control issues.

Even though the deer will hardly fit, and the quad racks shouldn't be loaded like that, we've started putting the deer on the front. The steering is heavy but the control is still there and if I roll it's only a deer and not one of my grandkids!!!

Zeke

Thanks for the advice guys. My kids aren't worth the risk. My wife also shot down the idea seconds after it left my mouth.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom