Jim Karpowitz Retiring

K

klbzdad

Can we please not make this an attack thread on anyone?

Like him or not, those who work in public service positions generally start their careers centered on the principles of just that, public service. You can't take that away from Jim no matter what your opinion of him is today. Many of us, including myself, have been outspoken against some of his decisions but never forget that his position is a very difficult one having to deal with a myriad of emotional subjects and often times having to make those unpopular decisions that people remember most while never receiving any credit for the decisions that were made that benefit our wildlife. He has done plenty good, I would like to wish him the best in his retirement and future endeavors. Good luck, Jim!

Here's the story from the DWR website:

http://wildlife.utah.gov/dwr/news/4...20-dwr-director-announces-his-retirement.html

Jim has done untold wonders for big game in Utah. The last few years he has been unable to differentiate right from left. Give it a few years and see where he ends up. That will tell the tory.

Jim is definitely one of the good guys in my book. Persisting in a thankless job where it is impossible to please everyone, I believe Jim stayed true to his training as a biologist. I have seen six decades of game managers in Utah and I personally don't think we have had any better. I wish him well, and I hope the division can find someone equal to filling his shoes.
Thanks Jim.

>Jim is definitely one of the
>good guys in my book.
> Persisting in a thankless
>job where it is impossible
>to please everyone, I believe
>Jim stayed true to his
>training as a biologist.
>I have seen six decades
>of game managers in Utah
>and I personally don't think
>we have had any better.
> I wish him
>well, and I hope the
>division can find someone equal
>to filling his shoes.
>
>Thanks Jim.

LBH,
+1 You're right on the spot again!

Good luck Jim and thanks for all the passion and honorable service to Utah wildlife!
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom