Jewell for Interior?

elks96

Long Time Member
Just saw that Jewell CEO of REI is going to be first in line to head the Department of interior. I am afraid that this is a huge step back for those who like to hunt, fish, 4 wheel, camp etc. She has a vested interested in back packing and closing off pbulic lands to everything.

While she has a degree in petroleum engineering, she has made her fortune by leading a company that specialize in back packing, climbing etc.

She has no voting record to speak of so we do not know how she stands on certain issues, but the sierra club is ecstatic over her selection.

I am afraid that with her at the helm we are going to see a lot of crap trying to pushed...

I AGREE.......SHE MIGHT BE A FERN FEELIN, GRANOLA MUNCHIN, TREE HUGGIN KIND OF A GAL..........HOPE NOT...... NON HUNTING BACK PACKERS NEED TO BE WATCHED.................YD.

I have done some digging... She is a hunter and I could find evidence that she has hunted as recently as this last fall. She does not appear to be the strict granola I would have thought, but I am concerned that she has a personal business interest in seeing large chunks of land closed to access.

I also found out where she/REI did not support the Greater Canyon lands National Monument with all the Outdoor Recreation Companies. Maybe because she knew where it would head when appointed.

It will be interesting to see, I still can not find any background information on her voting records or political agendas. I did find she supported Obamas Re-elaction efforts with a $5000 contribution (not very much considering she is rich).

She also has a petroleum degree and has work as a petroleum engineer. She has background with oil/gas leases. I would like to know her stance on energy policy.

She'll get grilled good by a Congressional Committee before she passes GO, so hopefully if she's honest when the tough questions are asked we'll know a little bit of where she stands on important issues.

I think she will sail right through to confirmation. This will be a setback to outsdoorsmen and states rights. She is supported by the National Resources Defense Council. They support wolf expansion, are vehement anti-predator control, in fact just plain anti-hunting, and they actively promote the one world wilderness from Arizona to Alaska. Big government and control from Washington because the local people are too stupid for self determination. Not good, IMO.

+1, also she is an Obmmmmmma appointee and I don't have much(any) trust in him.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

>+1, also she is an
>Obmmmmmma appointee and I don't
>have much(any) trust in
>him.
>
>from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Too funny! lol So what are you gonna do then? He's the President for another 4 years and he HAS to appoint someone. Good luck then..... ;-)

S.

:)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom