Jeter or Me?

Roy

LAST EDITED ON Jul-07-11 AT 08:52AM (MST)[p]So which one of us is going to hit the milestone first? Jeter to hit 3K hits or me to hit 5K posts??

I am 75 or so short - I could do it today if I focused. I better get cracking though - Jeter could hit 3 hits tonight and get to 3K.

The race is on.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Come on Roy, don't ever let a Yankee beat you.

FYI, I don't like the Red Sox either.

Jeter.

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

I don't know Kingfish! When I started this thread I think I was at 4924 and now I am up to 4942! Climbing!

UTROY

Well - as it stands right now - Jeter is at 2998 and they are in the 4th! He only needs two more.

I am at 4963 and I have to go help a fried move for the next few hours so Jeter has a window of opportunity. If he doesn't get it done tonight I will over take him tomorrow for sure!!

DOWN WITH JETER!!

UTROY

Well it looks like Jeter could only come up with just that one hit tonight so I have a chance!

4965!

UTROY

Jeter hit his 3000th hit. A home run.
Roy has 4992 posts. Strike out!

I had faith in you Roy, but as usual, you let me down again.

The worst part is I owe TripleK $100. She was right, you couldn't do it.

I guess for you it must feel like just another turtle hunt?

Pathetic.

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Jul-09-11 AT 03:02PM (MST)[p]Yes Eel it is true - Jeter snuck in and beat me with two hits today. I have not regrets though. I gave him a good run and though I may appear pathetic to you, the monster turtle shells on my wall validate my awesomeness! What did you do with the biggest turtle you ever got? Oh yeah - nice spitoon!

UTROY

LAST EDITED ON Jul-09-11 AT 03:13PM (MST)[p]The truth is - that I could have taken him yesterday but decided to offer him a sporting chance, after all he had a rain out. It's not like I am the Barry Bonds of MM posts. All mine are legit and I do it for the pure entertainment - not just for the numbers.

Here is a song that reminds me of this quest. I would of course be the federales and Jeter would be Poncho - Eel would be the dirty-lowdown-no-good Lefty who tracked the old man down and then couldn't bear to live with the misery of his choices for the rest of his life:

UTROY

LAST EDITED ON Jul-09-11 AT 03:32PM (MST)[p]Thanks though to everyone for all the encouragement - even yto you Eel you old rascal! I may be pathetic but one day I will be just like you!

UTROY

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom