Jeep vs side x side

M

mesamuley

Alright guys I am looking for some advice here. I recently sold my atv and am looking to upgrade. The question is jeep or side x side? I have a young family (2 kids). I want to be able to take the fam with me on my adventures. I love spending time in the hills and exploring new places. I have pretty much talked myself into the jeep but would love to hear from those of you that have side x sides. Pros/cons. Any advice will be appreciated!

Depends on how much Mother Earth you are considering destroying?

Them Side by Sides Piloted by a TARD will Invade more Closed Territory than you can Imagine!

Side by Sides gonna get you in to more places & Quicker !

The Jeep will keep you Warmer and Cooler when needed!

You can damn sure by you a used Jeep for what these new Side by Sides cost that are all decked out!

If you've never rode in an open top side by side at -15 degress & snowing hard you may wanna try it just once!:D

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
The next 4 years is Slicks Fault,again,GEEZUS!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

I opted for the Jeep Wrangler over a side by side and KNOW i have made the right choice!

Get a good used toyota 4 runner.

Can go anywhere a jeep can go, quality is 10X better, comfortable, can drive on hwy without a white knuckle grip, better mileage and is versatile.

Owned a jeep. Never again.

Never understood the point of a side by side for hunting. A jeep is street legal, basically identical in size and is cheaper. Plus you have to buy a trailer for the side by side and haul that thing where ever and it makes it even more difficult if you already pull a trailer...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer? See Zeke for prime example....

jeep is more universal. side x side you then have to get a trailer for it.. i own neither. i will stick with my horses.

So it looks like the jeep wins, thanks for the input! Now the hard part is finding one I can afford.

Without ever spending two seconds in a side by side, i'd have thought that there was/is no comparison advantages to the side by side but i would have been wrong.

I recently helped a friend with his late season Private land Management hunt we have been tooling around the big ranch on roads that were bulldozed enough to see that they are roads but nothing you would want your basic 4x4 pickup to have to deal with. The Ranger ate those roads-trails up for lunch. Seriously, i never would have believed just how comfortable one could be while putting on mile after mile of bumpy rock strewn access trails.

Also, i'm a big guy. Never in my life have i had so easy a time to just step in a vehicle and set down or then get back out. If just a vehicle to hunt from, to use on private grounds or out in the woods, the Ranger deserves a look see.

I'll still like to take a cruise in a good jeep but i'll never again disrespect the abilities of a side-by-side.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

For what it's worth just judging by the Highway 80 parade of hunters i would say its 10-1 Side by Side/Atv to Jeeps.I had a CJ-5 for years and loved it but i would say if i was going to get a vehicle for hunting and outdoor activities only it would be a Side by Side.

RZR 4's are sweet. The ride will blow away a jeep on rough terrain. In utah you can street legal them. You can enclose them and put a heater and a stereo if you like. You can cover rough terrain twice as fast as a jeep. They actually get quite good fuel economy and the kids will love them. They are overpriced in my opinion, but that is probably one of the few drawbacks. Now, if you are sold I have 2 - 2012's for sale. Both street legal, poly tops and half windshields. :)

But really, they are pretty sweet.

Thanks alp! I just can't make myself spend 13000+ on a rzr or other side by side. I pulled the trigger on a used jeep, picking it up tomorrow. Maybe I will post a pic if anyone cares to see. Thanks again for all the replys fellas!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom