Jeep Questions!

mlycrzy

Very Active Member
Hey fellow MM members. I have been thinking about buying a Jeep Wrangler or Rubicon. I would mainly use it in for work transportation and weekend scouting trips. What kind of mileage should I expect? What is the difference between the Wrangler and Rubicon? Any thoughts or knowledge would be helpful. Thanks!

"You only live once,but if you work it right, once is enough" -Joe E. Lewis

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-08 AT 09:36PM (MST)[p]Differance in price is $10K (all the bells and whistles)
mileage 15/21!! NOT THAT GOOD AS YOU MIGHT THINK! My V-8 DOES AS GOOD!
THATS MY FRIENDS 07'Rubicon W/4:10's stock tires and auto trans! I would look at clean older wrancgler with a four banger..and put freeway gears in it if you want better mileage!
rm

I once had a '93 with a four banger. Was a really fun vehicle but again, the mileage was not much better than 15/21 on a really good day and I kept my foot light on the pedal most of the time.

IF YOU'RE GONNA BE DOING EXTREME OFF-ROADING I'D HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE RUBICON!!!

THE 4.0 ENGINE IS THE BEST ENGINE,BUT MORE THIRSTY THAN THE 2.8!!!

THE 4.0 WILL AVERAGE 18 MPG DOWN THE HI-WAY!!!

A BIT MORE THIRSTY OFF ROAD THOUGH!!!

ITS HARD FOR US (AMERICANS!!!) TO GET USE TO LESS POWER BECAUSE OF OUR GOVERNMENT BENDING US OVER AT THE PUMPS!!!

I'VE DROVE QUITE A FEW OF THE 2.8 LITRE JEEPS & I'M NOT IMPRESSED WITH THE POWER BUT THEY DO GET SLIGHTLY BETTER MILEAGE!!!

LET US KNOW WHAT YOU GET???

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

I'll second the 4.0. We have Wranger's at work and that Rubicon set up is great.

I do have a buddy that had a number of Jeeps over the years. He says that there are two kinds of Jeep owners. Those that have rolled them, and those that are going to. Food for thought if you're going to drive it to work, etc.

HEY mly!!!

I SENT YOU A PM!!!

LET US KNOW WHAT YOU GET???

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Thanks for all the replys. The info. has been valuable. The boss(wife) and I are still talking it over. Let you know what I decide.

"You only live once,but if you work it right, once is enough" -Joe E. Lewis

"Rubicon" is the name of a specific package of Wrangler, like "Sahara" or "X".
The Rubicon is basicly a factory-built trail eat'n SOB.
44's front 'an back, E-locker diffs, 4 to 1 transfer case, etc.
If you plan on keeping the stock tire size 'an mostly on road use, save some $$ on a lessor package, like a Sahara or X.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom