James Arness Dead

Wow, that is sad. Gunsmoke was a part of my life for many years. Just a few weeks ago I started taping old episodes as they showed up on satellite.

A good actor and from all that I have read, a good man too.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

"I'll bet you never heard ole' Marshall Dillon say :
"Miss Kitty have you ever thought of running away,
Settling down will you marry me,
If I asked you twice and begged you pretty please?"
She'd have said "Yes!" in a New York minute
They never tied the knot his heart wasn't in it,
He stole a kiss as he rode away,
He never hung his hat up, at Kitty's place..."

Well - maybe now he will.

RIP Marshall Dillon - say hey to Festus for us!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Who can forget Quint Asper, the half-breed blacksmith??

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

I got my pillow and i got my spot. Gunsmoke is coming on in a few minutes but i'm all ready for it now. Grandma is busy in the kitchen fixing Grandpa and my lunches for tomorrow's fishing trip. Grandpa is already in his big ol easy chair and he too has been looking forward to the show. Soon Grandma will join us in the big room, the fire is stoked, it's nice here, warm and comfy, as only a loving Grandparents home can be. I got my spot laying directly in front of the TV, all is well with the world right now cause my favorite show, "Gunsmoke" is coming on in a few minutes.

I just knew back then that it was a very unlucky bad guy who ever crossed paths with Marshal Dillon. RIP!

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Jun-04-11 AT 01:38AM (MST)[p]RIP James Arness. Master of radio and television and war hero. Arness received the purple heart and bronze star in the U.S. 3rd Infantry. Happy trails Matt Dillon. You made America a warm place to be.
8609matt_dillon.jpg

8576marshal_dillon.jpg

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Matt Dillon was the embodiment of Western ruggedness, independence, and fair play. His
sense of honor and duty was legendary. If only there were more men like him.

9954img127.jpg

One of the good ol'e cowboys!!!!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

RE: All of My Hero's are Cowboys...

Here is a picture I bought about 20 years ago.
The title says it all.

7286cowboyheros2.jpg

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

I always wanted to see Matt Dillon and Paladin meet on the street at high noon.

Probably won't happen.

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom