Jager, right now.

Jagerdad

Very Active Member
Ok all of you whom I have come to enjoy/love/respect. I will share something that is near and dear to me. I just ask for those whom pray, give a "Thank You" to Jesus.

www.cocosheriff.org = I have far more than a decade (Near 20 yrs just in this Beat) working one Beat, almost no others dare worked. It used to be named West Pittsburg but was renamed "Bay Point".

On just one 8 hr shift, I personally had Three (3) Shootings, each, unrelated to another.

Now my Son works this Beat.

Day before yesterday when I asked if he will drive me to a Dr's appointment, he said no, he just finished a Pursuit and must work May 6th (My appointment date).

He's been in many shootings in his time. Now, as I fart around getting ready for my day, I get the following. It speaks of Antioch Police but my Son, being in Bay Point (Sheriff), was in the thick of it's beginning and gun fire. The following is from an email my Wife sent to me.

This started in Bay Point last night.

My Wife's words: "The Antioch Officer is ok. Your son is Ok, he is home sleeping now from what Heidi told me.. Not sure if he got off this morning or what".

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...-Involved-Shooting-in-East-Bay-378201521.html

Prayers to all involved. Hope your son is ok. Is this in Cali....near Oakland?

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

...no it's in china wiz...wtf do you think it is?..lol

...god bless all involved jager....well not really all...just the LE side

Jager, Very glad to hear that your Son is safe!

Would you or your Son think less of a man who, by choice, transferred away to small town life, with good friendly neighborhoods, and a lot less danger?

Getting out of there seems obvious to me but i'm sure i'm missing something.

Joey

Keep your slimy Paws Off My, Yours, Our,.. Public Land!!!

20 years in that beat? Unimaginable. I wouldn't want to do 20 days. No amount of donuts.....never mind. :D

You must be proud of your son, and he of you. Thank you both.

Like ole Wz, I like the cut of Jagers jib too.

So grateful guys like the Jag and his son, who stand between us pilgrims and the Clanton's of the world.

We can never.....ever, thank you enough.

I wish I had that elk hunt you'd like to take Jag, I'd give it without hesitation, as well as one for your son. Should you ever decide to apply and draw a South Central Utah elk tag, I'll make sure your rifle is pointed down the alley of a good bull.

Maybe ole Sage would tag along too, he loves Utah ;-). Reading between the lines, that's what I'm saying anyway!

All the best J, and sleep well tonight.

DC

Jagerdad, ask you boy what Hunters Point is like these days. I hung out there a bit when I was a kid.

Of note, the Law Enforcement Officer Shot in the Head.....was NOT my Son. This all stemmed from North Richmond, another, small area no City will incorporate and my car, in my time, was hit so often with Bullets, I was always filling out "Write It Don't say It"ssss.

2lumpy, those words mean a lot to me.

feddoc; I know Hunters Point. It was bad. The issue with Bay Point is; You are 100% alone most of the time. Two single Sheriff's are there and one is seemingly tied up on a Priority 1 or at the Jail Booking.

No One ever says "Thank You". That's denoted for Military Vets. I was teary eyed when I saw such words.

www.cocosheriff.org was my 2nd career. I went on to Washington DC as a GS-14 for Department of Energy with full fiscal (Budgets) oversight of 10 National Science Laboratories then, on special panels for the Under Secretary of Energy. Also, writing up documents then they are read to Congress, on the Hill.

I was sent to Quantico:

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/training/training

http://www.marines.mil/Marines.aspx (Black Bar/White Lettering has options)

This is also where we keep, train, equip our White Top's (WT's Land on the White House Lawn with a Yankee White).

And in Quantico for Demolitions, Barrier's effectiveness against RPG's, Car/Truck Bombs, man Portable Weapons and a separate study in Vehicle Barriers. Stationary and Pop-Up's.

Then sent to area 51 and other locale's to be schooled and certified as a Vulnerability Annalists (Classified) Certification complete.

While such took place I maintained the above GS-14 Position and Congressional Papers + National Lab oversights.

That's after full retirement by age 47. However, the time during the 1970's never quite ended and I was asked by DOE to assist on certain projects. One, which I am still proud of is acoustically denoting an incoming projectile. Initially set up on a Military vehicle. Automated weapons systems were computer triggered/aimed to return fire, even if assault was from an enemy moving vehicle. We (USA) first deployed this system in the first Gulf War within our Artillery Units, now unclassified. The system not only discovered/tracked incoming Iraqi National Guard Artillery but, such was blanketed over to GPS, creating a dual+ Layered mapping which was or could be shared with Air assets (Coalition Fighter Jet's, etc)....and.... Never mind.

I also became a Firearms and New Products Booth Professional when my friend Rodger Johnston (Lafayette Cal) asked me to come with his to the Shot Show and be the first to introduce his products, MOLY Coated Bullets and NECO. Rodger passed away and NECO was sold.

As a Dumb kid with a father who died when I was age 10, it seems I have already lived many lives. The above is still only "Parts". Now I'm an old Dumb guy and unaware how I walked down so many separate and highly special paths. Oh, and helped my Son become a USA Olympic Team Athlete: Shooting.

Maybe my Life is = to the old saying: "Even a Blind Sow finds an occasional Acorn".

Thank You all, once again.

PS: eelgrass, it turns out I was born for violent areas. Guess Deaths etc...and terrible human sufferings is someone's job. I was very good at it and I guess, now, so is my Son. Some things can't be explained.

Jagerdad

Next time you need a ride call me. I live just down the rd in Antioch and would be glad to help....Jim

Thank You Sir. You likely know a bit about never exiting onto Bailey Rd, Bay Point. 110 Baily Rd apts may still get'cha before reaching Willow Pass Rd.

Locally it's called "Dodge City" with Gun Fire 24/7 alarm clocks.

Send me a PM if you know: "Lefty".

Good Night

Haven't had a Jagermister since being in Germany and I don't drink alcohol...but might, if at a wedding...etc..

Homer had a dead hooker in his irrigation canal one morning. My partner on a cosy shift took three rounds from a crazed lunatic walking distance from my cruiser. I chased said maggot down who parked high speed into a tar truck then suck started his pistol in august. Wicked world it is getting to be.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

The little slice of heaven I have worked the last few after a 4 year tour in the big city became known as little vietnam. Had nothing to do with the ethnicity of the resident but the fact you could roll down your windows and hear gunfire all hours of the night. Slowed down after a gang injunction was put in place. Then the do good aclu and company ruled it unconstitutional and we are back to square one. Luckily it is mostly thug on thug which is oft referred to as a self cleaning oven.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom