It should be against the law

The guy should have let him enjoy the food, he obviously earned it. The electric idea could be fun. People set traps like that for monkeys. One guy on the web makes squirrel launchers that throw the squirrel 50’ or more. All of the videos I saw the animal lives.

True story time....early on in my career, part of my job was to instruct CSAR, which included ground survival...what to eat, what not to eat, etc.

We had this one girl, very smart, who presented a once every four years survival brief to seasoned F-14 pilots/RIOs. I was evaluating her.

She was doing very well, good eye contact, short and to the point.
Until.

She started discussing what to do if you encountered a squirrel....trap it and eat it, or 'you could follow it to it's home and eat his nuts'.

Dead silence for about a second, then the room erupted in laughter. From then on she was known as 'Squt', short for squirrel nuts.

True story time....early on in my career, part of my job was to instruct CSAR, which included ground survival...what to eat, what not to eat, etc.

We had this one girl, very smart, who presented a once every four years survival brief to seasoned F-14 pilots/RIOs. I was evaluating her.

Until.

She started discussing what to do if you encountered a squirrel....trap it and eat it, or 'you could follow it to it's home and eat his nuts'.

Dead silence for about a second, then the room erupted in laughter. From then on she was known as 'Squt', short for squirrel nuts.

feddoc, did you know Dale Snodgrass the F-14 pilot?

Until.

I bet you’d starve to death with that plan.

gust locks still in or controls locked for some other reason.......

I could see no inputs......looks just like the Caribou crash

This guy was very cool and quite a character. If you met him, you would not forget him at all.

Joe Satrapa had the call sign of 'Hoser'. Until...the 20mm rifle he built blew the bolt back on his hand and he lost his thumb and right index finger. He was a Tomcat (F-14) pilot and the right thumb was used extensively on the joystick of a Tomcat. So, he convinced the surgeon to remove his toe and graft it onto his right hand so he could keep flying.

There is a video at in that article which clearly shows his odd looking right thumb.

Sometimes simple is best. PULL!!!

That'll train 'em quick.

squirell.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom