Is Today the CV-19 Peak?

grizzly

Long Time Member
Screenshot_20200329-194353_Samsung Internet.jpg

New cases* yesterday were over 20,000, and were still increasing. The rate of increase also increased.

*The data gives us interesting stuff to argue about, but without a comprehensive and encompassing testing program its all BS. We still don't even know what we don't know.

I should add that the 20,000 plus number is from the NYT. Worldometer has a lower number. Who knows.

Unless we stop testing how could this possibly be the peak ?
We have only tested a quarter of one % of the US population.

Unless we stop testing how could this possibly be the peak ?
We have only tested a quarter of one % of the US population.

It seems too good to be true to me. But, again, I'm hoping he's right.

I think we can all agree testing does not equal cases. If it did, we could just stop testing tomorrow and have 0 new cases. But that wouldn't mean it's over.

My understanding from reading his posts is he focuses on deaths and not "cases" as cases are not as reliable as known deaths.

As he writes about the reported "cases" numbers, "garbage in, garbage out"

We'll know we're over the hump when death numbers fall for a few days as people typically die shortly after they're admitted to the hospital and tested positive. He calls it the "death lag"

According to the NYT (they have a very good CV page), the rate of increase finally declined. Thats good news even if the testing data shows cases still increasing. (y)
IMG_0378.PNG

It wont be very funny when there are 100000 Americans dead, and we are still looking for the peak.
Here in Utah, they say to expect 1000 , we are sitting at 4 now, I think. So nope, not peeked yet.
Last call we had no cases here in Sanpete, that is none that had been tested. Must be why I see all the trailors and trucks with campers comeing down 89 from up north. People just cant wait to spread this chit around. One nice thing they set up a huge tent at the lambing shed (hospitol) so when its finally here, us older folks will have a nice tent to die in alone, away from our families, kinda bothers me to hear stories about leaving this chithole of a world isolated away from your loved ones. Hope all those in the campers and trailors have a good camping trip and enjoy there time out here in the sticks.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom