Is there a list of the areas in Wyoming where a second buck antelope is allowed?

marburg

Very Active Member
I know there are a few areas in Wyoming where you can get a second buck antelope tag. Is there a list of these areas somewhere, or a way to identify these units?

Later this year after the first initial drawing then the left over list comes out and you can look there for the "either sex" tags in an area where you want to hunt.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

That's not quite what he needs to know right now. The one place I know about that he is asking for is in the antelope booklet that is printed after all the seasons are finalized in early summer. Last years booklet shows that after the initial drawing a person could apply for two buck licenses, but can have no more than a total of two in one year, and at least one of those licenses had to be valid in units 1-5, 8-10, 15-26, 29, 102, or 113. That may change for 2011 if they have a bad winter and lose a lot of animals in one of those areas. If the weather stays decent, I would hazard a guess that those areas I just mentioned will be the ones listed again for this year where you can shoot a second buck. I hope that helps you!

Topgun Could the 2 tags both be for one of the units you mentioned?? I hunted one of them and would have loved to have 2 buck tags there!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-05-11 AT 07:00PM (MST)[p]Yes, those would be called the two buck units! Two from any of those units listed, one from any two of them, or one from any of them and any other unit not on that list that still has tags available or the one you might have received if you were in the draw.

Not sure where the info is coming from. The regs changed last year for antelope and I have a copy of them. In the past you where limited on what unit the second tag could be bought for but not last year. You could apply for one ES tag and 2 doe tags in the drawing. After the draw you could buy one more ES tag and 2 more doe tags if they were available as leftovers. The restriction limiting you to only certain units was removed. If there leftovers for a unit you could buy them for a total of 2 ES tags and 4 doe tags. Are they going back to the restriction this year????

MaineFlatlander---You are probably right because after I read your post I asked myself what in the world is he talking about, grabbed the pamphlet and it was from 2009!!! I don't know how it got mixed in with the 2010 pamphlets, but if you have the 2010 one I'm sure you're correct because I didn't even hunt goats last year. I knew you could get up to 4 doe/fawn tags last year, but I didn't know they had completely lifted the restriction on where the second ES could be taken. I guess they figure the way they issue the ES tags that the bucks in the best units will be taken in the draw, so why limit the leftovers to what they did in 2009. Makes sense to me, so thanks for clarifying that for us!!!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom