is the kaibab in peril..

Creating a monument causes a lot of restrictions but hunting isn't one of them. These guy's would get better support if they got their facts straight. The biggest complaint I heard when Clinton designated the Grand Staircase a monument was the restrictions on off road ATV use. Go figure!

Slick

The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

LAST EDITED ON Apr-25-12 AT 03:46PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-25-12 AT 03:35?PM (MST)

>Creating a monument causes a lot
>of restrictions but hunting isn't
>one of them. These guy's
>would get better support if
>they got their facts straight.
>The biggest complaint I heard
>when Clinton designated the Grand
>Staircase a monument was the
>restrictions on off road ATV
>use. Go figure!
>
>Slick
>
>The Road goes on forever &
>the Party never Ends"

Hunting can be restricted in National Monuments. Typically I think it depends on who they designate management to. NPS does not allow hunting, where as BLM does (Grand Staircase).
Also, a lot of National Parks started as 'National Monuments'. And we all know, you cant hunt National Parks.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-25-12 AT 05:33PM (MST)[p]Thanks for the information Buck. We were about to post up similar information. They can restrict hunting once it's a monument. Also it's much easier for them to turn monuments into national parks after the fact.

Slickrock, you should research the organization 'Center For Biological Diversity.' This group does not like hunting.

Give them an inch and they will always take a mile and never stop.

Hunters Against PETA
http://www.huntersagainstpeta.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom