Is SS at Burning Man?

I enjoyed working with the burning man crowd when I was a law enforcement in Nevada. It turns out, many of them are attorneys, professors, doctors, and other highly educated friends from the 70s Era. The climate activists caused this shelter in place order.

Proof he’s there….
0552725B-0C13-4EDB-98A4-167D8C4C8CED.png

Sometimes when I go fishing on the bay, I have to walk through a homeless camp, so I have no desire to go to Burning Man.

Burning man absolutely wrecks the Playa every year. Hope the rain f#@ked up the burners weekend. Go home Bitches!

Pretty hard to destroy an alkali lakebed. some of the same crowd was up here during the eclipse a few years ago and you've never seen so many super hot women it was incredible. sure they're freaks but they're not hurting a damn think let them have fun.

Chris rock walked out 6 miles, he should have had a TRX. I have one they're amazing.

Better get one now, next year they have a twin turbo 6 banger.

I'd still like to know how you damage an alkali lakebed. the only thing that lives on it is hippies for a week a year.

Uhh, needles and drug paraphernalia at the 3 different Hotsprings, trash, feces, muddy ruts on the dirt two tracks, just a few ways to wreck the area.

He didn't have chains and he was pulling a trailer. I've been on the Alvord when it's not as wet as that with a quad and it's a chit show .

Maybe, I expected the same thing when 10's of thousands of them came to my friend's ranch for the eclipse. I told him the clean up would cost as much as he made off them. wrong. it was cleaner than most camps after elk season. and then there's local losers with ATV's and UTV's mud bogging through the creeks tossing beer cans everywhere. shooting bottles off a stump. leaving their trash behind a tree. I've seen what " normal " people can do, it's worse.

Point is it's public land and they have a right to use it just like the rest of us. I can't think of anyplace this side of the moon they could do less harm.

I live on Hwy 445 halfway between Sparks and Pyramid Lake and they sure jam up the road during their pilgrimages.

All-in-all they don't really hurt a thing and just cause minor annoyances to us locals who have to wade through the flotsam for a couple weeks each year.

Considering the numbers, I'd say they are very clean. They spend a bunch of money at local businesses and are welcome as far as I'm concerned.

They are just out enjoying Nevada like I'm fortunate enough to do everyday. Heck, if I lived in San Francisco, I'd probably get off on eating mushrooms and playing in nasty playa mud for a week too.---SS

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom