Is it Turkey day yet?

sageadvice

Long Time Member
I bought a whole 24 pound Ham and it has sat in the Fridge for two days. I ain't waiting no longer. I put her in the oven this morning, i want me some Ham! :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

There's a little impatient boy in every man, most for a toy of some sorts but as we age our desires evolve and in your case into eating a ham. Temptation can be overwhelming... Enjoy your ham Joey. In my case I'd want a side of mashed potatoes, green beans, and a half gallon of whole milk finished with slice of peach pie.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

LAST EDITED ON Nov-22-14 AT 01:09PM (MST)[p]tail, lol, you nailed it! :)

Since last Janurary, i've been on a low Carb diet and eating mostly meats of one kind or another. This fall has been fairly lean work wise** so it's been chicken night after night until i got my buck which has been excellent but i wished there were more of it. I'm ready for some Ham! :)

Soon, the low carb deal is going to have to get a break. Once the ham bones have been exposed, there is going to be a big pot of white beans made up, i love em, they won't be going to waste.

Happy Holidays everyone!! like it or not, It's that time of year again.

Edit, ** since my first and then this post, i did get out, make a customer happy, and complete a $150. service call. I'd be satisfied with one or more of those every day, thank you!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

That's a lot of ham Joey, sounds like several days of enjoying it. We made some ham and beans a few weeks ago too...one of my favorites. See you soon.

Sounds good Joey. Nothing wrong with being thankful a few days before Thanksgiving:)

I'll be helping unload a truck and trailer load of Christmas trees Thursday morning, so I should be good and hungry by dinner time.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-23-14 AT 00:52AM (MST)[p]Ah thanks Steve, good Man you helping out at the family lot again. They should make you a partner!

I found out that a whole ham is mostly bone. I ate half the SOB and i'm going back for a couple sammiches here in a bit. Sometimes when i want my fill of something, it's tough to do. At this rate, there won't be much left passed breakfast so i might just start sorting beans.

tailchaser, some of that Peach Pie you mentioned would sure go good about now! I ain't had no sweets in a long, long time.

Larrbo, how soon? i keep sticking my head around corners with expectation of you being there. If yer coming for ham, you better hurry. lol

Joey

Went and did my Turkey Day shopping yesterday. 3 racks of ribs, two big chickens and all the fixins for my famous beans. Ribs and chicken will go on the smokers early Thursday morning. Can't wait!

That sounds really good Mike, really good! Thanks!

Recent Rib story, life in a very small town.

At our local butcher's, i call them up...

"do you have any Pork Ribs in?"
"do you mean Country style?"
"No, Pork ribs, you know, with the bones?
"do you mean Beef Ribs?"
" no, Pork Ribs like in the Rack of ribs"
" i don't know what you're talking about"
" i need to talk to someone there, is your boss around?"

Her boss wasn't there so my Sis, who was up visiting, goes down to the store and asks, same girl who answered the phone, for Pork Ribs.

Do you mean Country Ribs?
No, we're looking for pork ribs.
Do you mean Beef Ribs?
"No", fairly flustered, "i am asking for pork ribs!"
Well, you are standing in front of the beef section!

That did it, Sis was soon out of that place and pissed off to boot! I told my Sis, Good thing you didn't ask her for Chicken! lol

We drove 12 miles to the next store. Turns out, we needed to ask for "SPARE" Ribs, apparently asking for pork ribs won't do! lol

My beans are cooking! Decided to go with the spotted ones, pintos if looking to buy them by the correct name. :)

Joey

The lack of knowledge by store staff sometimes is amazing. Makes you wonder how they get through their day.

Spare ribs or baby back ribs will get you pork ribs, although the clerk should know that spare ribs come from a pig. Since we don't have butchers down here in the "Big City" I usually buy my meat products at Winco of all places.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom