Is College Football going to a playoff system?

F

Farms

LAST EDITED ON Sep-06-11 AT 12:33PM (MST)[p]Sure looks like it to me if the big 12 goes away. If this happens I think there will be 4 major conferences. Pac 16, Big 16, SEC, and ACC. Hopefully this would lead to a playoff system. Top 16 teams in the country play a 4 week playoff for the national championship. Keep all 6 of the BCS bowls and bring up the Cotton Bowl as the 7th. 4 games for week 2. 2 games for week 3 and 1 for the championship game. Rotate the championship game every year. I would not be productive a work for that entire month!!!

Predictions: OK, OSU, TX, and TX Tech to the PAC 16. Big 16 would pick up Notre Dame, maybe take a run at some east cost teams like VT or Rutgers out of the East. They might even look at BYU. Don't know what SEC would do besides get A&M and look at the Florida schools. ACC and Big East could come together and OWN the basketball side of things. KS, KS State, Iowa State, Baylor, and Missouri are the big losers and end up somewhere in the WAC, MW, MAC, or Conferense USA.

SOUNDS LIKE IT COULD HAPPEN.........BUT IT MOST LIKELY WILL NOT. THE SEASON WOULD HAVE TO BE EXTENDED.....NOT GOOD, MONEY WOULD BE LOST, & THE POLL/RATING SYSTEM WOULD BE DE-VALUED, ODDS MAKERS WOULD (VEGAS) BLOW A GASKET.....AGAIN LOST REVENUE !!!...AND THE LOGISTICS WOULD BE A NIGHTMARE. OH....AND ALL THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL ANALYST WOULD HAVE TO FIND A REAL JOB......SINCE THE PLAYOFFS WOULD TAKE CARE OF ALL RESULTS PRONTO. BUT...IT WOULD BE A NICE CHANGE..............YD.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-06-11 AT 02:04PM (MST)[p]It would be nice to see an undisputed champion. But it would require a realignment of so many competing interests that I doubt the NCAA has the inclination or muscle to let it happen at this time.

Eldorado

Remember some of the institutions you mentioned would not qualify academically for the conference you placed them in. Start changing the conferences academic qualifications to add football teams and it will really hit the fan. The Big 12 will limp along with 8 or 9 teams depending on if Oklahoma goes and add the Texas league. Rice, SMU and Houston.

It will eventually end up in a playoff system but not for a long time. If I recall correctly, there is a five year deal that was signed last year or so putting all the games in place for the next five years.

I think it would be truly amazing but until the money is in the billion dollar range not the hundred million range the school presidents are balking for whatever reason. They say for education purposes. Give me a break.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom