Ireviewgear.com

RELH

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Aug-19-16 AT 01:13PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-19-16 AT 01:10?PM (MST)

I have noticed a few requests by our forum members concerning certain hunting gear to buy or not buy. I am aware of a site that is run by dedicated hard core hunters that will buy hunting gear and test it in the field.
They will then give a fair appraisal of the gear. Over a year ago, Mike with iReviewGear.com purchased one of my knives and gave it a years work out on two elk and two deer. They completed the review and recently posted the findings on my "Hatfield knife".
I was beginning to think that Mike forgot about me, but instead he was taking the time to give the knife a fair and honest test before commenting on it to hunters.
Hopefully this will help some of you in your decision to purchase or not purchase certain gear for your hunting adventures.

RELH

I have been wanting a good knife for hunting. I came to the conclusions that a Havalon knife system is the way to go. HOWEVER, I have heard and read a few things lately about your knives, and my bro in law, AKA Hawkeye, was talking about your knives too. He wanted to get one. Now, after reading this review, I want one. You get what you pay for, that is for sure. If I can get through one elk or deer with that knife or 2 or 3 or more, its worth it. I am now saving some money to get me one.

Keep up the good work.

+1

Nothing beats the feel of a custom knife! When I'm about to partake in the glorious task of field care and roll a fine knife in my hand, I feel like I have something, really something special!

Get one!

Zeke

By the way: Mike is an A-Okay guy and a straight-shooter. I'm lucky to count him as a friend!

Zeke, you are one lucky hunter to have Mike as a friend and source of information on hunting gear that will work in the field for hunters. When you see Mike next time, tell him I said thanks for a honest test appraisal. Sure beats the marketing hype we get from the manufactures on how great their product is.

RELH

An Item Where I actually Had a Choice Between QUALITY & JUNK!

I'll Pay a Little Extra for a Quality,Hand Made,Made in the USA Item every time!

My HATFIELD Knife was Built with PRIDE as Well!

One of these Days I'm gonna get it Bloody!:D

[font color="blue"]dude has his Resume turned in to be Hillary's
Intern[/font]

Bess when you get that knife bloody. You darn well better post a picture here on MM so all of us can see if you broke the knife in on a BIG TROPHY or a darn little PISSCUTTER that other members say you are famous for.

RELH

Sorry Bess, I just could not pass that chance up to jerk your chain. Hopefully you do not read this thread while drinking your morning DEW and end up spitting all over your computer keyboard.

>Bess when you get that knife
>bloody. You darn well better
>post a picture here on
>MM so all of us
>can see if you broke
>the knife in on a
>BIG TROPHY or a darn
>little PISSCUTTER that other members
>say you are famous for.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> RELH
>
>Sorry Bess, I just could not
>pass that chance up to
>jerk your chain. Hopefully you
>do not read this thread
>while drinking your morning DEW
>and end up spitting all
>over your computer keyboard.

Too Late for that RELH!:D

[font color="blue"]dude has his Resume turned in to be Hillary's
Intern[/font]

We took a long time to review it, because we used the hell out of it:)
I honestly was a custom knife skeptic. It was Zeke that convinced me to check out, and get a good customer knife.
I love this knife. It is just simply a great tool! And a very good talking piece.
Thanks RELH.

Mike I am glad you are no longer a skeptic on what a good custom knife can do compared to the cheap stuff they sell today.
As for the review, it is good for hunters to know you will do a complete honest test before you give out your results. I also like to see photos when hunters break in their custom knife. I do not care if it is the trophy of a lifetime or a pisscutter as Bess call them. I have been accused of being more of a meat hunter then a trophy hunter on several occasions.

RELH

I love my Hatfield knifes !!! Yes I have bought more then one. They hold a edge and are top quality. They get bloody, but you can always clean them. It will last longer then me and will stay in the family. Long after I am gone. Hope to get it bloody again in the next few weeks. The daughter missed a good buck last weekend. Let two arrows fly at 50 yards. Both went high. Hopefully we can do that again if the buck lets us.

BigJohnt, I hope your daughter gets that buck this coming weekend. If you fail to post a picture of the event, you know we will claim it did not happen. Use that knife to dress out her buck for her. Seems like you got a good hunting partner in her.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom