IP Question..re: PIGNUCKLES, CATCHASER, HORNCHASER, DOUBLEDROPTINE

adamsoa

LAST EDITED ON Dec-02-09 AT 10:33AM (MST)[p]As I am still learning to be more computer literate I would like some help with a question. There is a post on the Elk forum about an altamont elk. There are several flaming trolls (I would use more colorful terms but I dont know that they would be able to understand them)that are causing some problems. One of them is pretending to be a friend of mine. We looked up the IP addresses and they all have the same address. This would be PIGNUCKLES, CATCHASER, HORNCHASER, DOUBLEDROPTINE. I'm not sure what the deal is but if they all have the same address wouldnt that mean they are all on the same computer or atleast using the same modem? They also all have about the same number of posts. If it is the same person, why doesnt the slimy little troll have the guts to really be who he says he is? Why would he pretend to be someone else using their initials and cause problems? If they are all seperate...........all I can say is that there must be some serious man love going on in that house.

A single IP address can be shared such as would be the case where several users connect to the same ISP (i.e. Comcast) from a single workplace or home or hotel. The ISP can and often will shut off the IP in question if someone is violating the ISP's terms (making threats, etc).

>A single IP address can be
>shared such as would be
>the case where several users
>connect to the same ISP
>(i.e. Comcast) from a single
>workplace or home or hotel.

School? Did someone say school? Say, fifth grade glass?

LAST EDITED ON Dec-02-09 AT 02:22PM (MST)[p]
The IP addresses listed for a user on this site have in the past meant absolutely nothing.

I have seen my IP listed here, traced back as far away as Kansas.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom