Investigation Needed

caelkhnter

Very Active Member
So last year azarcher drew the single tag available for 24b and ended up shooting a nice Ram that made the cover of the May 2008 Huntin Fool. Now azacher's dad draws the very same tag this year. What are the chances of that happening? I mean a father and son drawing sheep tags for the same unit, which only has one tag, in back to back years. What connection do they have with the Game & Fish? In all seriousness congratulations to you and your dad azarcher !!!

caelkhunter- this year 24b was split into a north and a south with one tag for each. It is totally possible that the split in units pushed more pople to put in for the better of the two. Some just have luck on their side. My buddy has drawn the same dec. coues tag 3 years in row(6% draw odds). Another friend drew 13b mule deer 2 years in row. Luck is great when it's you, but it sucks bigtime when it's not. I do not know the hunter but congratulations and good luck. CDN

I think the unit was split into a north and south unit last year. Azarcher's father does have the same unit as Azarcher had last year.

It's called good clean living and being very lucky. I also drew a Rocky bighorn in Colorado this year. Unit 24b was already split last year. One tag in the north and one in the south.

My bad on not remembering the split. Which unit drew most of the applications? Thanks CDN

Clif..it is a matter of perspective. Here is azarcher, who will be archery deer hunting in az in August, having to pay for an Alaska Carabou/Sitka deer hunt in September, and then having to pay to go on his Colorado Rocky Mountain sheep hunt in October, only to have to incurr the cost of helping me hunt elk in November, then having to help his dad on the December Arizona sheep hunt, and then to hunt coues with me in December. I mean, by the end of the day, it will be poor, I mean Poor azarcher!!

I dont want to seem that I am insinuating anything and am in no way saying that azarcher and his old man are anything but extremely lucky....

BUT... I personally have a friend who drew the trophy bull elk EARLY RIFLE hunt in the valle vidal in NM 2 years in a row with 0 bonus points or perference points or whatever system it is that NM uses to draw.. Just so happens that one of his good buddies is with NMGF and is a big part of the "draw boards".. He even admitted that a little "I scratch your back, you scratch mine" was in use.. His quote was "Its good to have buddies in all the right places.."

Like I said, I'm not at all saying that this situation is going down like that, but it does happen out there boys..

I need to find some buddies in the right places.. cuz my draw luck sucks balls.

"I need to find some buddies in the right places.. cuz my draw luck sucks balls."

Very elloquently stated, scottyboy! You took the words right out of my mouth!!

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom