Inventions

Deerlove

Long Time Member
What hunt inventions do you wish were made? There's all sorts of gadgets I think of but arent made. For starter the swarski spotting scope covers. On the eye piece theres a stupid rubber cap that just falls off in your pack, why not have two stretchy bands that hold it on? And the end cap as well nees to attache to the scope when taken off. And last but not least, an attachement for two zippers on a pack that come together so the zippers DONT come undone. I have a BL 2800 that comes unzipped, and the wigs arent quite big enough for the 32oz poweraid. I broke two zipper trying to close the damn thing. LOL

A directional beam antenna with about 2000 watts behind it. Point it at a loud car stereo and belch into the microphone. Watch smoke roll out of other cars window.

I would like that.

LOL...BeanMan...I would like that too...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Deerlove I like that. The two caps/covers on the Swarovski spotters are not well designed and tend to come off at times in a pack. I bought the Cabela's neoprene cover that is similar to the Swarovski cover at a fraction of the cost. It adds a little more weight to the scope but protects it well and the end caps/covers have a elastic band type that allows you to pull the cover off both ends yet stays attached.

JR

>A directional beam antenna with about
>2000 watts behind it.
>Point it at a loud
>car stereo and belch into
>the microphone. Watch smoke
>roll out of other cars
>window.
>
>I would like that.

Dang, I needed that last week! Was fishing at Groundhog reservoir (above Dolores Colorado) and some yahoo plays loud country music we could hear ACROSS the lake. Now, don't get me wrong, I like some country music, but not when I am escaping society for serenity!

As far as serious answers: Some kind of a bear deterrant that can be taken on a plane. We flew to Colorado and can't take pepper spray and don't want to spend the money to buy one there and then leave it there. Some kind of a sonic device?

We did encounter 2 bears last week, and although I wasn't worried, my wife was and it could limit her walking in the woods if we have many more encounters. Both bears did what they were supposed to when they knew about us: turned tail and ran. However there were bear/people encounters in both Cortez and Durango while we were there. They had to kill the one in Durango.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

"don't get me wrong, I like some country music, but not when I am escaping society for serenity!"

+1, i hope some here might remember this the next time they go to turn up the music while in the outdoors!!

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom