introduction

D

drollz

Hey everyone, I have been hunting deer for 27 years in California. I hunt mostly in A zone on 8ur property or with guides. I do some plm hunts also. My son turned 12 last fall and I was able to get him his first buck the day after his birthday. I have been very lucky, ive drawn 2 cow tule elk tags, 1antelope tag and G37 this year. Im pretty excited. I have a plm hunt set up for my son for a cow elk this fall. Cant wait.
Now the other side of the story. I am 39 and I was diagnosed with ALS "lou gerhigs disease" and I am a little over two years into it. So I am retired and working on cramming tons of stuff in a short period of time.
I frequent the refuge forum and was recommended coming here for s8me help with G37. I can post pics if u wanna see what we do, thanks.

DROLLZ.....WELCOME TO MM, GLAD TO HEAR YOUR GETTING SOME QUALITY HUNTIN TIME IN WITH THE SON.....THAT IS SPECIAL !!! SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE HAD SOME GOOD TAGS IN THE PAST TO BOOT. THERE ARE A FEW GUYS IN THE CALI SECTION THAT CAN HELP YOU WITH THE G37 TAG I BELIEVE. PICS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME IF YOU LIKE. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR DEER HUNT........TAKE ER EASY...........YD.

One of the typical bucks we get on our place. Pre ALS.

alexsdeer012.jpg

Xanders f I rst buck. B zone plm hunt last fall.

P1010021.jpg

YOWZER............GOOD LOOKIN 4PT FOR SURE & THE MEAT IN THE POT HELPS TOO. WELL DONE.................YD.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-08-13 AT 02:19PM (MST)[p]Drollz,

Congrats on the scoring the G37 hunt and good on you for spending quality time with your son.

I drew G37 this year also. Havn't hunted it before but am pretty familar with the area. The oppurtunity will be there for some great bucks but it is totally dependent on getting snow to drive them out of the Park. Road access is good, maybe too good. I advise you spend some time up there this summer getting a feel for the roads and the layout of the land. I was up there all day yesterday and only covered one small portion of it. Send me a PM and we'll talk.

Mike

Good to see you on here! I don't have anything for you for G37, but I wish you the best hunting season this year with your family. I am sure you will enjoy it with those tags!

-Ryan.

Alex, I wish you the best this year, and in the future. I'm a NE Kali guy so I don't have any info on your hunt BUT if you or your son draw anything up this way, including sage hen, water fowl, antelope, deer, etc. Let me know, I'd be glad to share everything I know.

Hunter

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom