Internet research question

NVBighorn

Long Time Member
OK, this has NOTHING to do with hunting and I would have posted it in the campfire forum but was hoping to get a little broader exposure. If the mods want to move it I'm OK with that. But there is about as varied a group of people on this website as anywhere else I hang out and I have gotten good info here on many, many things.

My question is if you guys are trying to find free information on a company or individual where do you like to search. I like Google and use it extensively but honestly I have googled these people to death and find nothing.

Here's my deal. I'll try to keep it short. A piece of property which I have leased in the past was sold in the past year. I wish to lease it again and have finally found a person to deal with and have something in the works. However, something about this outfit just seems strange to me. They are a development company registered in Nevada as an LLC out of Las Vegas. The listed officer has an Asian name and a very heavy Asian accent. I have talked to him on the phone and we have a helluva time with the language thing. The guy is also listed as an officer in about a dozen other LLC's, mostly with names that sound like developers. Problem is I can't find one single thing on google about any of them. Nor can I find anything about the guy.

I think I have a lease with them, although so far I do not have his signature on it but he does have my money. The lease should be in the return mail (cross fingers). I see the check has cleared the bank today. I made it out to the Company name as listed on the tax roles as legal owner. The guy endorsed it as that company name by him. Pretty standard stuff. But then he makes it payable to an "Epic Deed Services Inc" in LA. And it gets deposited in a bank in LA called East West Bank.

I am more than a little wary of these people and wondering if they are above board or if I'm about to get the screwing of my life. I also found that almost none of their LLCs actually own any property in Nevada which I thought was strange for developers. Another odd thing is I have found that this guy is affiliated somehow with one of those outfits that sends little cards out to land owners offering to buy your land. It's like BuyYourLand.com or something. And another odd thing is that an appraiser for the federal government we had appraise some property for us used this guy's sale as a comparable sale and made reference to him like he is some big successful Las Vegas real estate developer. Yet I can't find anything on the guy except what I found on the Nevada Secretary of States webpage or the tax roles for my county and Las Vegas.

Sorry this got windy. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. If you want more specifics I'd rather PM them than get sued or find my ass in a crate on a slow boat to China.

Thanks, NVB

WELL I DON'T WANNA BURST YOUR BUBBLE!!!

BUT I LEASED THAT CHUNK OF GROUND FIRST!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Have you called any Title Companies yet? If he's a bigshot he'll be in with one of the local Title companies. You'd be amazed at the info that Title companies can get. Try that.

Also, call any local Association of Realtors. They may have record of the guy and be able to offer some info.

Steve

LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-08 AT 10:20PM (MST)[p]Now Bess, what are you gonna do with a gay bar? :)

Wizsard, Thanks for the ideas. I called their number tonight after hours to see what kind of message they have. Answered as "Corporate Offices". So I went through the directory and found on number for a woman who had contacted us several years ago on one of those sell your land type things and also a number for the "Acquisitions" department that sounds a lot like that same company. So I guess I know something. Not sure what but something. For insight into those types of land acq companies google sellyourlot.com or NRLL. It's not the same company but they do similar mailings and acquisitions. I just hope they don't do similar shenanigans.

NVB,
Sent you a pm.

You can never be too wary. Theres lots of scammers in the LV real estate market.

Brahma

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom