interesting read

nfh

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Sep-23-14 AT 08:47PM (MST)[p]http://www.powelltribune.com/news/item/12888-gf-employee-pleads-guilty-to-killing-grizzly

And he shot off the highway. tis tis.

nfh,

That is an interesting read. He should probably lose his job over this. G&F employees should be held to a higher standard.

Yep, knowing the rules and shooting from the highway is a big no no..... Im glad he will be fined instead of this being a hush hush and forget about it

nfh,

I read the article again. This happened over a year ago. The shooting from the road is the bothersome part about this case. That is a major highway heading to the east entrance to YNP and not some secondary road in the country. I have hunted and hiked the North Fork for over 16 years. In all that time, I have only seen one black bear and I won't tell you how many grizzly bears. The area around Mormon Creek is a well known dumping ground for problem grizzly bears. I would be extremely cautious about shooting any bear in that area. If this happened over a year ago, why are we just hearing about it now?

just sayin... mh

MH,

I seen it in the paper today and kinda skimmed the story. That's odd they wait that long to post it.

I Hit the north fork very aggressive and I cant keep track how many griz I have seen and only a couple black bear or The amount times I have been charged. That's why I have a lot of faith in my .44mag. a guy cant trust bear spray. The darn things always blow up or the wind in that country swirls non-stop.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom